RDI still tends to loose track

Voodooflies

I can confirm , it`s less than before , but its still happening , atleast antenna isnt all over the place when it loses lock.

i actually managed some 530D`s hits! even choppers

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you sure T.A.? The distance the Antenna moves when going into PID/PIC is still just as much as before, although maybe it was never as bad for me as it was for others. It moves about 1 bar down.

The PID/TWS mode is still buggy. The radar elevation change is dependent on the aircraft's pitch. So if you're 10 degrees nose-up and select a contact, the antenna elevation will go 10 degrees down.

PIC/STT seems to work correctly at close range. I only did some brief testing in a tail-chase scenario, but the only time I lost lock was when my airspeed matched the targets very closely, and so would have been lost by the doppler filter. I was able to climb quite steeply and get quite a bit above the target, and also below it - no problem maintaining the lock.

Look-down performance seems to degrade, maybe above 7 nm or so, though it's hard to really tell. I think this is to be expected, though. But, maybe something else is going on, especially if it's dropping it locks head-on.

The weird behaviour is the min/max altitude readouts by the radar cursors. The cursors are still enabled in PIC, with the distance removed but the alt labels still there. e.g. I'm 3.8 nm behind my locked target. I'm at 1,600 feet, it's at 6,550. Next to the cursor it says 3, -0. After pulling to a nearly 45 degree climb (pitch is 49 degrees) I'm at 4,100 feet, target is 4.1 nm away (still at 6,550), cursors say 6, 2. This is below the target but I have no problem maintaining the lock, so it's clearly not where the antenna is currently pointing.

It does seem to match fairly well with the altitude readout for the cursor at the same distance as the target when I drop the lock (when the antenna returns to the previously requested elevation).

So I think what happens in PIC mode is: the altitude readout by the cursors will be correct for the radar's scan altitude range at the target's current range prior to entering PIC mode. It does not indicate where it's currently looking. If you drop the lock, the radar elevation returns to the previous position, i.e. if you have the cursor over the target and drop the lock, the area your radar starts scanning should match what the cursor indicated while you had the lock.

I think I did actually find a bug with CCM:

In certain situations, where the radar can't actually go into PIC/STT mode on a target, the CCM would act a bit weird. Basically I think it was locking a target (thereby removing the CCM scan mode symbology from the HUD) but not actually locking it so there was no target on the radar display or HUD. I could switch it into PID mode, though.

Having difficulty reproducing it reliably, though. Having said that, I just immediately did.

Situation: I am at 3,000, target (AI M-2000C) is at 6,500. Range is 8.2nm. Radar in CCM vertical search mode. Speeds are 368/419 ground, or 351/380 indicated (my speed first).

First pair of attached images are with the target "locked". If I press the "TARGET LOCK" button it switches to PID mode, and the target is displayed (second pair of images). If I press it again to go to PIC mode, we lose the target display as if we don't have a target, but the HUD symbology for the scan mode is still missing (i.e. the radar acts like it's got a target locked).

If I drop the lock ("TARGET CANCEL LOCK") the vertical search symbology reappears for an instance, and then disappears as the target is picked up. But the auto-lock puts it into PIC mode and the target information is not displayed, per the first pair of screenshots.

So basically, if CCM picks up a target that can be tracked by the radar (PID/search mode), but can't be locked on to, it will still "select" the target and not display any information for it, but (presumably) prevent the radar from acquiring other targets that actually can be locked on to.

Screen_160515_164642.thumb.jpg.dcab75e6a433ded4aa66c016443917a2.jpg

Screen_160515_164646.thumb.jpg.f58c641023bb160d6778b7fc93fb0886.jpg

Screen_160515_164933.thumb.jpg.34e7b064af17d046bd46c22a23aab07a.jpg

Screen_160515_164941.thumb.jpg.01c355c982112cb9383a0a32b1ab036e.jpg

I think I did actually find a bug with CCM:

Talking about CCM, it comes really tricky to unlock a target and switch to another scan mode (for instance vertical instead of horizontal) since the acquisition is instantly. Happened to me on Blue Flag campaign, two bandits were showing up roughly at the same altitude forming a line abreast, I went in the one of the right and for some reason I acquired the bandit on the left using horizontal mode while I had the right bandit right in front of my nose. Then, couldn't find any way to unlock but to switch back to BVR and re-enable the CCM while going boresight. Does it make sense ?

Edited by Sacha
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know what RL logic is , but maybe 1 second press on unlock will be 'Hard Unlock' and would not auto-lock until you change CCM mode (vertical/horizontal/boresight)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Talking about CCM, it comes really tricky to unlock a target and switch to another scan mode (for instance vertical instead of horizontal) since the acquisition is instantly. Happened to me on Blue Flag campaign, two bandits were showing up roughly at the same altitude forming a line abreast, I went in the one of the right and for some reason I acquired the bandit on the left using horizontal mode while I had the right bandit right in front of my nose. Then, couldn't find any way to unlock but to switch back to BVR and re-enable the CCM while going boresight. Does it make sense ?

Just disable the Close combat mode then unlock the target

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Just disable the Close combat mode then unlock the target

Well that's what I did by going trough BVR mode and switching back CCM. It would be great to have a feedback from RL M2K operator, this behaviour seems odd to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think there's a general problem with rolling and the whole systems suite. I'll see if I can replicate everything, and in that case write a comprehensive post in a new thread.

Basically I think that the pendulosity that is so obviously affecting the HUD is also affecting the RADAR and HSI.

I think there's a general problem with rolling and the whole systems suite. I'll see if I can replicate everything, and in that case write a comprehensive post in a new thread.

Basically I think that the pendulosity that is so obviously affecting the HUD is also affecting the RADAR and HSI.

Not sure about the pendulosity, it looks like a display issue only, where the pitch ladder rotates around a point centered on HUD horizon, where it should actually rotate around the FPM.

Not sure about the pendulosity, it looks like a display issue only, where the pitch ladder rotates around a point centered on HUD horizon, where it should actually rotate around the FPM.
True, but it seems to affect the HSI as well, or at least it felt so. I'll definitely check before posting anything though.

Is it just me or the RWR has no sounds now?

Just you, sounds are fine for me. Maybe check any mods in use? There was a mention of "RWR sounds fixed" or similar in the changelog, though I haven't noticed any difference. But, something under the hood may have changed that could've impacted mods.

Just you, sounds are fine for me. Maybe check any mods in use? There was a mention of "RWR sounds fixed" or similar in the changelog, though I haven't noticed any difference. But, something under the hood may have changed that could've impacted mods.

I think my installation got messed up gonna double check some stuff but thanks for the information

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit