Bug Reports and You!

Mt5_Roie

So I was hoping to make a video about this, but currently grounded with a pretty bad migraine. So I'll type it out for now and video will come later. The goal of this video/post was to make you guys better at reporting bugs in order to help us get as much information as we need to try to resolve it.

So when you report a bug, I (or some other Polychop person) looks at it and then tries to gather as much information as possible. It's a lot like any espisode of air crash investigators. We have to try to figure out exactly what happen. That way we can find out why it happened and if it needs to be fixed.

So in order to make our lives easier I've created a little template of information I would like you guys to use when submitting a bug report. This will hopefully help reduce the amount of questions I have to ask, and will in theory help us squash the bugs quicker.

BUG TEMPLATE <copy and past this into a NEW THREAD bug report and fill out>:

Description: <give a description of what happened and what you expected to happened.

Example: I activated Auto Hover and it didn't activate. I was below 18 km/h, my pitch was close to 0, and VVI was close to 0. I've attached screenshot of my configuration. This can be repeated and happen on SP and MP.>

DCS Version: <ideally we'd like the version number at the bottom right of you menu screen>

Steam: <let us know if it's a Steam version or not....although Gazelle won't be on Steam until May 27th...but don't tell anyone that, cause its' a secret...so shh>

Map: <While DCS version would tell us map, in the future they'll be merged so it's good habit to report the map as either Caucus or Nevada. We'll have more in the future as well...so yeah.>

SP/MP: <Let us know if this happen in single player or multiplayer>

Reproducible: <Can you reproduce the issue over and over again? This is important because if the issue can be reproduced it should be easier to fix. Things that occur in random are hard to pin down>

Step to Reproduce: <Make a numbers list of the steps you took to reproduce the issue. The more detail the better since I or another Polychop member will have to reproduce it.>

Screenshot/Video available: <When something happens, take a screenshot. Video is good too. But screenshots anyone can do. It's important because like a Air Crash Investigator, we'll look at you gauges and switches to determine what state your aircraft was in and how it should have functioned in that state. The more screenshots the better.>

Track Available: <If possible, save the track of the mission you experienced the issue in. Also, if you could report around what time in the mission it happen it would help.>

Mission File: <Please attach the mission file so we can see if the issue is possibly mission related and not Gazelle related. >

Controllers: <Quick list of the controllers your using and curves and saturation for them>

OS: <Optional but good to know since we might have issue that might be OS Dependant>

RAM: <Optional, but needed in case of FPS/graphic issues>

GPU: <Optional, but needed in case of FPS/graphic issues>

Mods: <Optional, list any mods you are using such as texture packs, or sounds packs. This will help to try to figure out if the its the mod or the Gazelle causing the issue. If you are trying to reproduce the issue and have mods, please disable them before reproducing. It is also recommended you run DCS repair as well to ensure the integrity of your file structure. Sometimes outdated Mod can cause issue with newer file systems and can lead to issues.>

Any Additional Information: <anything else you think we need to know about the issue. If you want to add a funny joke in here, I'm all for it as well>

Edited by Mt5_Roie

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester