ABRIS - Incorrect longitudes in Nevada?

Mayo2017

In Nevada, when programming waypoints into the PVI-800 for the first time in ages. Using the ABRIS to get coordinates for my waypoints, I input them in to the PVI-800 only to find that I was being told that I was some tens of kilometres off of my actual position.

Cross-referencing my current coordinates as listed on the ABRIS, the PVI-800 SELF COORD and INIT POS, the F10 map, and my actual position on Google Earth, only the ABRIS was incorrect, consistently telling me I was about 1°1' west of my actual position.

Issue is present across missions, both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Issue is present in Nevada, is NOT present in the Caucasus.

Edit: Attached map visualisation.

Screen_160612_151402.thumb.jpg.48fe1666df925a5e179d19d1c99c2c0c.jpg

Screen_160611_154330.thumb.jpg.82a5f627d09179ff6b17da8c80dae24f.jpg

EnkTLwV.thumb.png.f65d17df307a616e255a6a8cd476f18e.png

Edited by Mayo2017

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry this probably is unrelated but i'm new to this thing, so I understand when playing the Georgia map, you always start with +0 when entering coordinants since Georgia is both North and East. Now that I'm playing the Nevada map, how do you enter coordinants. Since USA is both North and West, should you begin with 0+ for North -1 For the west?

Yes. When entering coordinates in the PVI-800, precede positive coordinates with the 0/+ key, and negative coordinates with the 1/- key, negative coordinates being south and west.

Currently, do not use coordinates taken from the ABRIS if you're in Nevada, since the longitude data is incorrect and will lead to bad waypoints. The coordinates shown on the ABRIS in Nevada are approximately 91km west of your actual position. See the map I added to the first post to help visualise the issue.

Edited by Mayo2017

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's an old known bug. But as Nevada hasn't been updated for weeks (april 29), we have no idea when it will be corrected.

The devs must be working hard on the 2.5 merge version because we didn't get any patch for 1.5 o 2.0 for almost a month (may 27). Hard to wait after having been used the a weekly update planning.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg