MiG 29S bugs

Hey guys,

Here are a few that I think I've found playing 'Over the hump' campaign.

1) After deploying flaps and gear for landing, the air-brake doesn't deploy:cry:

2) After having landed, the brake shoot doesn't deploy:cry:

3) Post landing, when the wingmen land and are about to get off the active runway to taxi to the parking area, they just vanish!

Now not sure if the ones below are bugs or not, but after having flown the Su27, the following stand out:

1) I have been able to land at very high speeds, in excess of 320 without damaging the under carriage. Whereas in a Su27, the under carriage would bend/break

2) Not having the brake-shoot deploy post landing, I've had to use wheel brakes to come to a stop. In a Su27, the wheels just burst if you use the brakes instead of the shoot

Edited by JSF

|| नभ स्पर्शं दीप्तम् || - Touch the sky with glory

Hey guys,

1) After deploying flaps and gear for landing, the air-brake doesn't deploy:cry:

By design. The airbrake doesn't extend on landing because of danger of airbrake hitting the ground on landing.

3) Post landing, when the wingmen land and are about to get off the active runway to taxi to the parking area, they just vanish!

Dunno 'bout these ones.

Now not sure if the ones below are bugs or not, but after having flown the Su27, the following stand out:

1) I have been able to land at very high speeds, in excess of 320 without damaging the under carriage. Whereas in a Su27, the under carriage would bend/break

2) Not having the brake-shoot deploy post landing, I've had to use wheel brakes to come to a stop. In a Su27, the wheels just burst if you use the brakes instead of the shoot

MiG still has a standard flight model. SU-27 has a more advanced one that is still WIP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Hey guys,

As said it is a safety feature.

It works fine are you sure you didn't deploy it above 300kph, too fast causes the chute to instantly detach.

This could be part of that particular mission scripting.

The MiG still uses what is called the Standard Flight Model from LOMAC era, where as the Su27 uses the up to date Professional Flight Model.

This means the MiG is not so smart in a lot of areas, you either lose the undercarriage or not, no in between. If you go off the runway in the MiG at speeds in excess of 200kph you will explode, if you try and land on the grass you will explode. With the FM of the Su27 doing these things impact the frame and control of the aircraft rather than just hitting the instant fail button.

With a delicate touch you can land the Su27 at high speeds, the wheel brakes are based on pressure touch, with a button you have either off or full on, with a heavy or medium payload this puts a lot of pressure on the tyres therefore if you use a button you need to tap it to stop the wheels from popping, especially when you get below 200kph.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org