M-2000C campaign important information - please read!

baltic_dragon

Welcome to the M-2000C Campaign forums!

The campaign puts you in the role of one of two US exchange pilots attached to French 002.05 Squadron. You arrive in Georgia after the familiarisation training and you are to go through more advanced exercise session in Vaziani, while flying missions in support of the NATO operations there.

The campaign is roughly divided in two parts. First one is more focused on honing your skills and expanding on the things you have learned in the dedicated training missions (it is strongly advised that you fly these first). Therefore you can expect to get additional information on systems that were already covered as well as on new aspects of flying the M-2000C. As the campaign progresses, the storyline evolves with it and slowly changes focus from training to more substantial duties.

The campaign is not excessively difficult if you talk about number of enemy assets and tasks that are given to the player. However, it is quite complex and will require good preparation from your side, including reading the briefings, taking notes, listening to the comms and following orders. Below you will find several pointers that you should treat really seriously.

A) Radio comms

The campaign uses an advanced radio system which means that you need to be tuned to correct channel / frequency in order to hear other flights and assets. For that, it is ESSENTIAL THAT YOU TURN EASY COMMUNICATIONS OFF, otherwise some of the

missions will not be playable.

Equally important, you should always pay attention to and follow your AMC calls on changing radio frequencies, consult the notepad available as part of mission briefing package (you will find it in the kneeboard as well) and always remember to check if you are on correct radio channel for the thing you want to accomplish. For instance, you may want to jump from your element frequency to another channel to contact AWACS to get bearings to the enemy, but then you should remember to switch back to the element, otherwise you won't hear your wingman. I can't stress enough how important the radio discipline will be for accomplishing the missions.

B) Flight plans and orders

The campaign is quite complex and contains thousands of triggers, some of which are linked to the location in which the player currently is. Therefore it is very important that you keep to the given flight plans and - as much as possible - to the fragged speeds. There are rare points in which you may even break a mission if you don't follow these. So try to keep to the briefed parameters, just as you would be expected to do in real life. Read carefully the FRAGO, briefing, notes and study the map. If you do all these things, you will be OK.

C) Instructions

You will get a lot of information and instructions. If you have trouble understanding something, I would suggest to use an active pause and then read the message that someone (usually your Flight Lead / Instructor Pilot) wants to convey to you. This campaign will require you to focus on what is happening around you and what is being said, as it will be important for completing the missions!

D) INS alignment

All the missions will start on the ground and will require a full INS alignment. In most it won't be important how much time you spend on the ground, but at least two (M11 i 13) do take into account the timing. Therefore I would recommend not to disable the need for ground alignment in the options menu.

E) Completing missions

In order to progress the campaign you not only need to fulfil at least part of the objectives, you also need to land at one of two airports listed in the briefing - your home base (Vaziani) or the backup one, which depends on the area in which most of the given sortie will take place. So if you eject or land somewhere else, you will be forced to repeat the mission. When you land, you will also be given a specific parking spot - if you taxi there you will get extra points, though this is purely optional.

F) AI during taxi and formation flying

This campaign will quite often put you in the role of a wingman, which means that you will be required to fly in formation with your lead. A word of advice - despite hours spent on fine-tuning the AI behaviour it can be quite erratic, especially just after take off and during the taxi. When taxiing behind number 1 don't come too close to him, as he might just stop moving. However, when he stops short of the active runway, then it is safe to get closer to him, as he is waiting for you to proceed If your IP stops during the taxi and refuses to enter the runway (a rare occurence) try to turn around or take one of the side taxiways, that should make him going. If you loose sight of the Instructor Pilot, use radar or F10 map to locate him. Sometimes you won't be required to stay in formation, this will be noted in the briefing or told during the flight.

Also, in very rare and exceptional situations, it may happen that the unpredictable AI behaviour could ruin a mission. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.

Text for manual.pdf

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey,

I am in progress of updating in-game briefing images to include the correct starting position (using LAT/LONG decimal). While I am at it I am also changing the kneeboard files to higher quality ones and preparing a set of downloadable PDF documents with everything included. I hope to have it done by the end of the week, so stay tuned.

Yes - but we used the normal lat/long position, and the aircraft uses lat/long decimal.. :) and they differ. Something I learned only here in the forums :) While at it, I found the correct resolution for the kneeboard files (larger that the standard 512x512 we used) so I also changed the size of all the kneeboard files.

• 2 months later...

Hi

First of all, thank you for your work on this campaign, it was a pleasure to fly on it with all the little immersives things that make everything !

An so it was just to say that the IFF numbers goes from 0000 to 7777, there is no 8 or 9 digits in the sqwak

Anyway it's a very small mistake.

Hope to see another campaign from you soon :)

Hah! Always something new to learn! Thanks a lot, useful for the next campaign!

Actually, I already learned that it is even more complicated, with first two digits having different significance than the following two etc.

Pity that in the campaign it is only for immersion anyway, as it doesn't change anything :)