RB-15 woes

Fishbreath

I can't get it to guide in any mode, or follow my waypoints in ANF/VALB. Starting in the air in a quickie training mission.

Here's my procedure:

1. Weapon selector to ATTACK, SERIE/IMPULSE to either one

2. VALB/STD to VALB (or STD, doesn't seem to make a difference)

3. Set QFE

4. Set Bx8 to target position with radar fix

5. Fix inconsistencies in the missile flight plan with radar fixes until the altitude warning light turns off (set self-destruct point behind the targets, set turning point between me and the targets)

6. Mode ANF

7. UNSAFE when TD line is inside the markers, shoot

The missile never locks a target, and doesn't follow the turning point, either; it just launches straight ahead and ignores all the ships in front of it.

I've also tried the quick launch:

1. Weapon selector to ATTACK, SERIE/IMPULSE as desired

2. VALB/STD either one

3. Set QFE

4. Mode NAV

5. Unsafe within 20km of target

6. Launch

The missile launches and runs straight, but never locks a target.

What am I doing wrong?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

This is a bug where if you select attack before anf it fires in quick mode, it's fixed in code now and will be in next patch :)

Aha, that's one of my issues. Good to know I'm not entirely nuts. :P

I haven't been able to get it to lock onto anything in quick mode, though—I'm using one of the Russian cargo ship types as a target, with four of them in a box formation. My RB-15s will happily fly right through the formation, or 100m outside of it, when launched toward it from 20km, so I think I'm still missing something.

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Ah, thanks for the report, i checked code and it seems the missile doesn't enter its search mode before travelling a certain distance (this is wrong). Will fix it, hopefully for hot patch (no promise though).

Great news. Glad I could help.

Ah, thanks for the report, i checked code and it seems the missile doesn't enter its search mode before travelling a certain distance (this is wrong). Will fix it, hopefully for hot patch (no promise though).

We noticed when we did get them working, the RB-15's would explode before hitting the ships resulting in no damage when they were attacking the bow, it seemed to be okay from the side.