Infantry Immortal or Weapons Ineffective

In two separate missions in the latest version of 1.5 I have observed that infantry are not dying in spite of taking hits from dozens of shells. I have attached a portion of a screen shot from TacView that shows this. I made sure that the infantry were not set to immortal and, in spite of the shell counts in the image, I did not have unlimited weapons set either.

I was flying the Mi-8 in both of the missions. While it might appear that all infantry are somehow immortal, a few did die, so a global setting does not appear to be the issue. Or, it could be that the shells are simply ineffective, or hit and shoot counts are out of whack.

I have attached one of the mission files and a TacView file along with the screenshot.

In the mission, it is the infantry that spawn in the asset extraction zone that appear to be nearly immortal, although 2 out of 6 did die. I thought I was simply missing until I had a look at the TacView file.

Thank you,

Paul

immortal.jpg.f098e8477eab0acce8ec7aa8885c3fcb.jpg

Dock Strike.miz

Tacview-20170310-204909-DCS-Dock Strike.zip.acmi.zip

I have been running some tests to convince myself that there is a problem. I set up a very simple mission. I pitted two groups of 10 infantry each, all set to “Excellent” and none to "Immortal," and let them go at it. After three minutes or so they ran out of ammo and only a few deaths occurred. In some cases, infantry were getting hit five times and not dying.

I set up the exact same scenario in 2.0 and most, but not all, infantry died. Also, there was a stark difference in the TacView results. In the image I posted above, notice that there isn't any red, which I assume indicates more damage than a green highlight (yellow indicates a death). That was the case for the entire event log. In the 2.0 results, not only were there more deaths, but a whole lot more red highlights, not all of which are seen in this image. This indicates to me that the same weapons are more effective in 2.0 than in the current version of 1.5.

20_immortal.jpg.1db5c96c118e76ca49f71579d7f668a3.jpg

The test in 2.0 that I did above was done before the most recent update that brought in the Viggen. The 1.5 tests were done in the most recent release. I ran the test mission again in 2.0 after the update and the results now look a lot more like the 1.5 experience, which might indicate that both recent updates have introduced this issue. TacView screen capture of this 2.0 test attached.

20_immortal_after_update.thumb.jpg.86e11992f7205a4a78a5c77411d2c022.jpg