Bug? Invisible Objects With Crash Box NTTR

FragBum

Okay I have hit things that are literally not visible several times in the NTTR map, sometimes it just feels like you might have nudged something and sometimes just splat for no apparent reason.

I was doing some landings in the Mi8 when I felt the aircraft hit something (I know how that feels :music_whistling: ) so I recorded it, this is just after I had nudged an invisible object on the other side of the lake and looks like I found some other invisible objects this time. Although there have been others and in different locations and different helicopters.

I also think I have been hit by invisible cars when landing on bridges as well which might suggest that possibly there are objects using resources but are not visible.

If nothing else you might get a laugh out of it, besides it's not like I need extra help crashing. :D

Unfortunately DCS become unresponsive and it too like my Mi8, crashed. :cry:

Using VR as well.

Crashlog.zip

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay co-ord and map working take off from Nellis AFB head west a few clicks towards 3 large cranes there is a park @36:52:25 115:06:35

There seems to be a lot of invisible stuff to collide with. :P

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 1 month later...

Okay it's fixed in 2.2.0.12488 there are "visible" trees everywhere in that area now. :)

• 3 weeks later...

But wait there's more!

Boulder City 35.57.37N 114.51.30W ish look for the big white patch on the ground, likely a tree or three or more that are not visible. I understand I'm only a lowly wanna-be Heli pilot however it's bad enough missing the objects that are visible let alone the invisible ones. :P

I'll leave this video up for a while makes for some lite entertainment.

PS That object was in a different location to the first one that I collided with. :lol:

Found another tree in that park area in the Mi8 at 200Kph + at about 3 mtrs above ground. :music_whistling::D

• 3 weeks later...

East Las Vegas there are few trees yet many invisible objects to collide with, whats the go here?

And more importantly how can we get it fixed?

<edit> Might have been a NTTR and server and latest 2.2.0 thing with the no trees I proceeded to write off a few more Mi8's before it clicked there were no trees! However the question remains how do we sort out the invisible objects, yes a serious and honest question.

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

yes a serious and honest question.

Bet yer buns it is! Although I personally haven't collided with these in a long while, it's disconcerting to hear there's still that stuff around. And on a DLC map too :huh:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I know right I owe DCS.Gov literally "One Million Dollars". :cry: :D

Yes that's a meme.