F5-E BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79 Demo Mini Campaign

SorelRo

This is a 6-mission single player story driven campaign on the Caucasus map for F5-E. At this moment, it is still work in progress. This is done and tested in DCS 2.5 . The final version should have voice over and better briefings. The full campaign will be a 25-mission campaign.

This campaign will test your A2A A2G skills and will try to cover a variety of missions in the late 70’s.

Feedback and criticism is more than welcome as long as we keep it civil. J

I tried to put a set-list that will be close to the late 70’s history but I had to work with the DCS constraints.

As always, make sure you follow your waypoints and instructions. In the first 6 missions no F10 interactions are necessary.

BLACK SEA RESOLVE '79

April 25th 1978 the USSR Chairman Leonid Brezhnev fails sick and relinquishes the control of the Communist Party. The newly appointed Chairman, Yuri Andropov takes the reigns of the USSR but there is turmoil inside the Communist party. The party is torn between the partisans for the war in Afghanistan and the fractions against it. Andropov opposing the decision to have a military intervention in Afghanistan is losing support and in August 23rd 1978 a successful Coup d'état removes Andropov from Moscow. The country is torn and during this time on August 30, Ukraine declares its independence followed by the rest of the USSR regions.

15th October 1978 Georgia and Krasnodar declare their independence. In the following weeks the communist party is trying to regain control of the former Soviet Union. The 127th Motor Rifle Division seized Tbilisi and reinstates the Soviet leadership. The Division continues north towards Krasnodar but due to the long supply lines and the lack of support from the locals the advance stops before crossing the rivers Pshada, Afips and Bezeps

Under UN intervention,a cease-fire agreement signed on December 20 hoping for a peaceful resolve ofthe conflict.

The former Soviet provinces voice their concern to UN about an escalation of the conflict once the USSR troops resupplied and the weather permits. The UN agrees to maintain a peace keeping force in the region of Krasnodar and NATO forces are tasked to deploy.

The USSR declares that any foreign troops based on the territory of the Soviet Union are considered hostile.

The US president Jimmy Carter fearing a nuclear escalation of the conflict and having a low support after the Vietnam War orders the deployment of a small force formed from elements from 9th Infantry Division, 6th Cavalry AirBrigade and a MEU from 1st Marine Division.

For Air SupportUSAF is preparing 3 F-5E squadrons and 2 F-4E to support the ground forces. The first troops arrive by air at the end of January. Air and sea being the only valid supply route.

Your squadron is tasked to deploy at the beginning of March.

The OperationBlack Sea Resolve is about to begin…

Black_Sea_Resolve.zip

Edited by SorelRo

• 10 months later...

Hey SorelRo, just started playing this campaign, thoroughly enjoying it, well done.

One question, what do I need to do to pass the recon/cap mission when the Mi8 Hips start dropping troops at Krasnodar?

By the time I cold start and get to the AO, they have dropped quite a lot of troops on the airfield. We manage to shoot down over half of the helos then return to base. It won't let me progress to the next mission.

Cheers!

Scotch

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hey Scotch75.

I'm glad you enjoy it so far. I'm working through the last tweaks and briefings of the whole 25 mission campaign.

On the 4th mission both of the Mi8 groups that carry troops have to be 100% destroyed. The mission has 3 Mi8 groups. Two groups are slick and will deploy grunts and one for CAS. Your main focus should be the slicks and destroying that and landing safely at the base will bring the mission score to 100.

I hope you will go for the final thing as well.

Cheers,

Hey Scotch75.

I'm glad you enjoy it so far. I'm working through the last tweaks and briefings of the whole 25 mission campaign.

On the 4th mission both of the Mi8 groups that carry troops have to be 100% destroyed. The mission has 3 Mi8 groups. Two groups are slick and will deploy grunts and one for CAS. Your main focus should be the slicks and destroying that and landing safely at the base will bring the mission score to 100.

I hope you will go for the final thing as well.

Cheers,

Many thanks for the quick reply mate. So should I use the supplied loadout, or look at arming some rockets as well? I have a feeling rearming will take too much time and the grunts will be deployed before I even taxi lol...

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM