Flight Model and FFB Implementation.

ben1101

Hello Polychop,

Beautiful model you have made however I am concerned about the fidelity of the flight model and the FFB implementation. When I activate trim, the joystick will often jump to a seemingly random position which is counter intuitive for helicopters, when you activate trim the stick should stay in the position you have trimmed it. I have tried it both with G940 and MSFB2. These are longstanding issues that I have not seen improved, and further I saw a statement saying that the FFB implementation was final which worries me.

I look forward to your reply and really wish you guys the best!

Ben

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing is a general DCS World behaviour with helicopters and ffb.

Try inverting your ffb axes in the settings.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

For whatever reason, the Gazelle trims based on heli attitude (look at the artificial horizon when you trim) rather than stick position, and will thus jerk the stick hard to the position it seems appropriate, which can often be completely different from what you'd expect.

Very highly doubt it works like that IRL, with proper hydraulics you'd whiplash your stick hand that way.

Since enabling FFB on my MSFB2 completely messes up the input, making flying horrendous, I've simply disabled FFB and instead run SimFFB with max damper, max friction, 25% centering spring (doesn't actually center the stick, just enough to hold it in place), and it works miles better while also enabling you to adjust the saturation (not just godawful curves).

In short, a tiny community-made program made years and years ago for the KA50 is better than the Gazelle FFB.