WAR BRD + hotas cougar problem

jaguara5

Hi guys!

I have the WAR BRD base + my hotas cougar old grip.

Have downloaded the latest firmware yesterday, and followed the steps in the manual

-load device profile / open firmware update mode / start firmware / close firmware / save device profile.

- load device profile / import profile from file / vpc base _war brd + grip _Cougar / save device profile.

- load device profile / axis calibration / set center and save / save profile

I have the following problem = if I press any button on the stick, and I operate simultaneously the stick back or left, after a specific axis input value the button depression (for any button) is not working . That happens if I keep depressing the button or if I press it first time while , after I pulling up / left. For the guns trigger (second detent), after that axis value all buttons on the stick are simultaneously pressed.

With the previous firmware stick worked, but I had from the beginning some sporadic issues. The problem got worse few days ago, so I decided to update the firmware.

Buttons are working normally if I don't move the stick.

Any idea to overcome with the software this problem?

Might this be hardware related? my cougar grip is very old , but I have used it very little.

Thanks

Edited by jaguara5

All Virpil grips have a loose connector.

Their first base (MongoosT-50) also had a loose connector.

WarBRD base has a fixed connector. This is fine when using a Virpil grip. Not so fine when using a Warthog or Cougar grip.

The Warthog/Cougar base and grip have those "couplings" which would limit any greater movement or force on the electrical connector itself. The WarBRD base does not have that, so any rotation of the Warthog/Cougar grip would twist the Mini-DIN connector. Unless you remove the two screws from the connector flange in the base. This also allows you to mount the grip in a rotated position.