F/A-18 in VR: No key input (partial)

Lange_666

I'm dealing with a strange problem when in the F/A-18 cockpit in VR.

Since i'm flying VR, i changed my controller setup (Cougar HOTAS) a bit. I replaced the TrackIR pause and center input with VR zoom and added Cockpit Camera View point inputs on top of the trim hat. Worked fine in every pit until the latest DCS patch. Also, i keep an eye on the fact that the key bindings are a bit of the same thing across various plane types so even if i load a wrong profile (or i jump in another plane then the actual loaded HOTAS profile), i still can use the basics of each plane.

But... as of the the latest patch, this doesn't work anymore in the F/A-18 and more particular, only in VR.

Part of the profile still works, i can raise/lower gear, open/close canopy, use VR zoom (not in 2D), use the airbrake but non of the camera view points van be changed. Not through the keyboard and not by using the stick. And this ONLY in the F/A-18 pit IN VR. In the 2D pit everything works fine.

If i use the F/A-18 profile and load up the A-10C or the F-16C, either in 2D or VR, the Cockpit Camera View can be changed without a problem (since they share the same key binding).

But why doesn't it work in the F/A-18 in VR? I can't get my head around that at the moment...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Try backing up and deleting your input folder (%userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta (or whichever)\Config\Input), and then rebind and test those controls.

If it works after that, something about those controls changed with the update (the names, codes, whatever) that won't match up with your saved configs. In that case it would be a safe bet to redo your entire control set the way you wanted it from scratch instead of restoring the backup (in case more stuff changed).

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

Not yet, wanna dig a bit deeper into this.

2D: no problem

VR: only a problem in the F/A-18 pit and only for the Camera Cockpit Move bindings (2D and VR use the same key binding file so it must work).

And... stable version works fine for both 2D and VR in the F/A-18, open beta does not, 2D OK, VR not OK. Both stable and OB have the same versionnr atm.

Also, it did work fine before the last OB update.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

You're right, I missed the part where you said it works in 2D but not VR. Deleting input folder probably won't help, sorry about that.

Sound like ED broke something again, big surprise.

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

Found it: When i renamed the SnapViews.lua file in the C:\Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.DCS_World_Open_Beta\Config\View folder, all went back to normal.

Question is: what in that file blocked these particular inputs in VR only and then only in the F/A-18?

Edited by Lange_666