Can you hear me?

Hey folks!

(I posted this in the Vaicom area but posted here so I get alerted if responded to)

I am kinda new to the whole voice recognition via DCS. To be honest, I am kinda wondering why I have gone down this rabbit hole... I digress lol... Right now I am having a complete difference in interpretations from 2 different pieces of software. Cortana seems to understand me when I say certain phrases, and Voice attack does not.

For instance, I say "power" in VA and it thinks "tower" but I click on Cortana and she hears power. I have done a lot of various attempts of honing in the speech. I have done the MS speech recognition read out louds multiple times. added the words to dictionary, even checked back and forth with the VRFX or whatever. While VRFX is a little better, Cortana is always dead on. Voice attack never works like Cortana.

All end results seem to be inconsistent. Sometimes Chief hears my cries for power every time. turn off computer turn on and everything is whacky and different.

Thanks

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

Hi, not sure if I can help you much. I don't know what recognition engine Cortana uses. But my experience with Voice attack has been that single words are bad for commands. If you are trying to get "power" recognized on it's own, as you have found, might be troublesome. But for me personally after training with Vaicom training mode, I can say I get excellent recognition of commands. For example "Ground power on" get recognized every time. I found that most troubles that arise for me, are from me misspeaking of not understanding/forgetting the command structure on some of the more complex commands like radio tuning etc.

Hi, not sure if I can help you much. I don't know what recognition engine Cortana uses. But my experience with Voice attack has been that single words are bad for commands. If you are trying to get "power" recognized on it's own, as you have found, might be troublesome. But for me personally after training with Vaicom training mode, I can say I get excellent recognition of commands. For example "Ground power on" get recognized every time. I found that most troubles that arise for me, are from me misspeaking of not understanding/forgetting the command structure on some of the more complex commands like radio tuning etc.

Could you tell me if you are using VRFX?