How do I detect when scenery bridges and buildings are destroyed?

GTFreeFlyer

Like the title says, I'd like to know how to do this without placing an extra unit nearby. I thought I remember seeing a LUA command for this, but can't find it now. I'm comfortable with scripting so if this is the solution then that's fine. If so, how would I know the ID, or name, of the bridge/building in order to create a trigger for it?

Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Like the title says, I'd like to know how to do this without placing an extra unit nearby. I thought I remember seeing a LUA command for this, but can't find it now. I'm comfortable with scripting so if this is the solution then that's fine. If so, how would I know the ID, or name, of the bridge/building in order to create a trigger for it?

Thanks!

Use MIST, you have to create a zone over the building and than load the script:

mist.flagFunc.mapobjs_dead_zones{ zones = {'building'}, flag = 1 }

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Well, by dumb luck I actually just found out that if you right-click on any map object in the mission editor, you get a "assign as" pop-up, and it puts a trigger zone on the object along with its object ID.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Well, by dumb luck I actually just found out that if you right-click on any map object in the mission editor, you get a "assign as" pop-up, and it puts a trigger zone on the object along with its object ID.

This earlier post discusses that right click and how to do scenery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264623

You can use the object ID returned from the right click in an event handler or the mist method. The two are fundamentally different in that one does the core world search objects function and the other does nothing and just waits for something to die and checks the ID against the ID.

The world search objects method is good for multiple objects in a zone, but could rely on the size of your zone, whereas the EH will only look for that ID. I've used both, leaning towards world search objects with multiple scenery in a small place or making aggregate destroyed % in a zone and EH's used singly for specific alerts when the destruction happens. Depends on a few factors which can be better/easier.

Edited by Pikey
more info.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *