Buffet

Hummingbird

Before going on vacation I noticed that buffeting whilst turning in the cat had changed. It seems like it starts a lot sooner than before (before refers to ~3 months ago, as I just started flying it again lssy week), and that it remains fairly constant in nature. As a result I found it hard to tell from visual clues when I was close to the limit as compared with before.

I'd expect a lot less buffeting before 15 units of AoA is crossed, but since Im not a real life cat pilot I wouldnt know for sure.

Is this how it should be, or will this be adjusted further? I hope the latter ad I find it quite difficult to ride the cat to the limit atm

Yeah I know its probably been a while, but it definitely changed since I last flew it regularly some time ago.

I was just wondering as I found it a lot less intuitive to fly, as I was unable to ride the limit because of earlier and less progressive buffeting behavior.

Now this might all be totally correct behavior, it just stuck out when I started flying it again last week and I wondered wether you might have gone too far adjusting it. Only a real Cat pilot could tell ofcourse, so I hope you will ask for their input on the matter if not already done.

Copy that. If that's how it is then it's as it should be, realism over preference always.

Thank you for the response.

Nah mate, i've been flying the F-14 almost constantly except for the last two weeks. Flew her again last night, and she behaves as usual. It may have been that you've lost some muscle memory, especially if you've been away for long.

I know that in my case, it doesn't take more then 3 weeks of not trapping, for my technique to deteriorate so much, that my greens and 2's and 3's, become reds and 1's or 4's :no_sad:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache