ModMan 7.0.0.1 is now available

Skypat

I know, so i packed Mitch's skinpack with modman 7 (unzipped to a folder then re-packed, exluded his "graphics.cfg") then install

So then YES ... we can use Mitch's skins w/ ModMan? Will I have to go through all that packing/unpacking too?

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what you are calling 'ridiculous' is basic user skill called 'how to navigate in a pc tree folder' step (no offense at all)

i can't help you more on this very basic step, this is the same step as whan word ask you to open/create a file/folder somewhere.

the dialog box you talk about is coming from the Windows OS API ...

the 2nd possibility is that you have a very basic PC user account, it means that you are not allowed to see some folders, in this case you should contact the PC administrator.

Btw can't help more... like i said, it's a very basic step.

When I get to the point of being told to point to the DCS Root Folder, a list of folders on my desktop comes up. There are no SHORTCUTS on this list, there is no address box to type anything into. It is a list of FOLDERS on my desktop, and it will let me choose nothing else. No option anywhere. It is like this

-Desktop

+Generic Folder on Desktop

Another Generic Folder

-Opened Generic Folder

-Generic Sub Folder

art folder

+save folder

xyz folder

zzz folder

Yet another Generic folder

-Another opened folder

Another Generic Sub folder

I can't do anything except for the folders directly on my desktop. I don't have DCS installed in a folder directly on my desktop. It is in the default location of Program Files\Eagle Dy...etc.

Always great to have a program open a dialogue box asking for some piece of information, but you have no possible way to give it that information. A simple address bar in this pop-up box, viola, I can show it right where to go.

I really don't like being frustrated. I appreciate the guy who made the program to help, but why is it made so ridiculously cumbersome to even operate the 1st time?

Edited by Skypat

Having a question: does Modman 7.0.0.1 add more command lines automatically to "graphics.cfg" after installing a new CDDS file ?

I find no more lines added to "graphics.cfg" after Mitch's Ka-50 skin pack installed

it works fine, i can see new .cdds entries in graphics.cfg files

take care to NOT include the graphics.cfg file when packing mitch skin.

Edited by Skypat

Didn't work on my rig either.

I repack Blitz-Hawk using ModMan 7, leaving the graphics.lua out. Nothing is added to my in game graphcs.lua, and the skin doesn't show in the mission editor list.

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

pitbull,

Make sure when you are repacking the mod with Modman, that the files are going into the right directorys. I noticed when I did mine (and I've rpacked all of the available skin packs to work with Modman and they DO work) that sometimes it will pick up the proper directory on its own, and sometimes I had to point it to the right spot

pitbull,

Make sure when you are repacking the mod with Modman, that the files are going into the right directorys. I noticed when I did mine (and I've rpacked all of the available skin packs to work with Modman and they DO work) that sometimes it will pick up the proper directory on its own, and sometimes I had to point it to the right spot

I did douoble check that.

Odly enough, repacking the files didn't add anything to the config file, the skin is installed correctly tough...

cheers!

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I did douoble check that.

Odly enough, repacking the files didn't add anything to the config file, the skin is installed correctly tough...

cheers!

if you are on vista and your game is installed in c:\program files

launch Modman with administrator rights because Vista protect the "program files" folder

without administrator rights, it can't modify config.cfg file. (in fact even with admin right, i'am not sure it will work, not tested)

best way is to install BS somewhere else like c:\bs (i personnaly do that)

if you are on XP, i need a link to your package to test it and find what is wrong

Edited by Skypat

Speaking of Vista, is there any way to turn off the warning that it won't work when installed in the program directory? I have UAC turned off so it works fine, but I get the warning everytime I start it up.

no you can't

will add an option to turn this message off in next version

Not even close.

You're passing the blame. And the blame is Windows'es at best.

Anyway, in the folder tree you'll see, Desktop stands on top, below that there should be things like Network, a falder named after your username, maybe a folder called Public, and then one called Computer, click that one, you'll see your drives, when clicking the correct one, you should be able to navigate to your DCS install folder.

Also, Skypat, when installed to C:\ModMan, in my Vista installation it will still need to be ran as Administrator to ensure full functionality, to avoid having to point ModMan to DCS on every launch.

-Z

Edited by Zembla
  • Like 1

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!