MiG-29 airbrake question ?

I have a question on MiG-29:

The airbrake of MiG-29 Fulcrum (both A & S versions) will close before the landing gear is down, and it can't be opened again.

So, is it still a bug in LOMAC & LOFC that ED doesn't fix ?

I have a question on MiG-29:

The airbrake of MiG-29 Fulcrum (both A & S versions) will close before the landing gear is down, and it can't be opened again.

So, is it still a bug in LOMAC & LOFC that ED doesn't fix ?

It is still "a bug" that Mikoyan bureau doesn´t fix.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

wow, it means airbrake of the real MiG-29A/S can't be opened after landing gear lowered and LOFC modelled it 100% correctly ? :D

Thanks for the info, Ulrich :thumbup:

/ How about the modernize MiG-29 versions such as MiG-29OVT, MiG-29UB/ UBK, MiG-29SM/SMT... ?

Edited by Majesco

Use of "Swallow airbrake" is disabled with a lowered landing gear on 9-12 and 9-13 airframes. It's because the AoA during landing might damage the airbrake feathers so it could scratch the tarmac before wheels touch it and cause some damage.

However, newer MiG-29 airframes (M, K, MiG-35, OVT) have a redesigned airbrake, so called "Beaver tail" that can be used with gear in green!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, understand :D

It means the MiG-29 9-12 and 9-13 versions have airbrake extends to 2 directions: up & down, so the downward brake could be damaged when landing.

And newer versions MiG-29K/ OVT/ SM/ Su-35 have airbrake redesigned, a bigger brake on the back (....as a picture of MiG-29K i've seen on a Russian fighter ebook about MiG-29) like Su-27 so it can be used with lowered landing gear.

/ Found a picture of MiG-29OVT's airbrake opened:

1236405.jpg

Exactly...twice the size of the "old" swallow airbrake with single panel extending up...

However, note that not all SM Fulcrums have a beaver airbrake, for instance this SMT that got back from Alger:

vlcsnap-109762.jpg

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you think about MiG-29's dogfight performance in LOFC ?

IMO, MiG-29A/G/S versions in LOFC are the worst fighters for gunshot dogfight

MiG-29 likes a rock on the sky and can't beat other fighters as Su-27 & F-15, their tail stabilizers motion doesn't give good turn on air maneuvers, airbrake doesn't work well also => pilots hardly to reduce airspeed and make tight turns when dogfighting

/ My friend was working on a MiG-29UB (9-51) model (just for fun... :D)

Having a question on MiG-29UB's airbrake: is it still like the old 9-12/ 9-13 airframes or having upgraded airframe like the new generation MiG-29M/K...with only one brake panel extending-up ?