X52 Calibration?

I'm finally using the X-52 in Blackshark. So I'm sitting on the pad, all prepped for take off and something weird starts happening.

As soon as I increase collective, just the nose starts elevating. Afraid I'll explode if this continues I pushed the stick forward to nose down and jammed the collective to 100%. The chopper predictably shot upwards. I left the stick centered and engaged auto hover and it start pitching the nose up again. Disengaging auto hover made it worse, just pitching the nose up and now back left.

Now this is my first flight sim, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I figured that this MUST be a calibration issue as auto hover shouldn't make the aircraft go insane like I was experiencing. Thing is, there's no calibration option in the stick setup. It's supposed to auto calibrate, but I'd rather trust a real calibration. I've tried looking for it online, but Siatek's website is rather broken and all the links I found gave me a 404.

Any advice?

Likely no calibration issue.

You're probably fighting the autopilot.

Read this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36246&highlight=director

Especially the paragraph about auto hover. Auto hover is no magic-immediate-bring-heli-into-stable-hover-button.

If you engage auto pilot [sorry, meant auto hover here] >4m the AFCS will go insane and you just lost your autopilots (right hand console, lil blue square buttons are blinking). And without them it only get's worse since input is not dampened anymore.

Edited by Mugenjin

I had pitch and bank hold enabled prior to increasing the collective. I was told to always have the these active to make it easier to control. Is this not the case?

Why did the nose of lift up when increasing the collective?

You must not have trimmed your helo prior to take-off. Further, you dont use auto hover on or near the ground, actually it turns off the auto pilot systems when you get in the area of 10ft. Before take off move your stick forward slightly and trim then re-center the stick quickly you can also bring up a joystick indicator (can't remember key combo ATM) that shows you where all your axis' are set.

Well you guys called it. It was my terrible flying skills. When I trimmed prior to takeoff I was reward with a much better take off. To test it, I restarted the whole computer and tried again, and it was the same the second time. Even managed a nice hover. Not bad for one of my first real flights.

Just have to tweak my profile a little, and log some more flight hours.

Thanks for all the help!