ATGM will not fire

Superguppy

I am stuck on the second mission of the oil wars campaign. I can get through the majority of the mission but by the end my missiles will not fire. I am not sure if this is a bug. Any suggestions on the cause?

verified:

-Laser on

-weapons master arm on

-atgm selected and reticule visable

-target locked and schval showing auto tracking (i know im going to have the problem when i have to zoom in shval to achieve a lock which is wierd. shval will not show the range of target even when i lock)

-reticule is over target

-within altitude limits

-within speed limits

-within range

-not out of missiles

i am used to firing the missile and this problem keeps cropping up. it always happens after a rearming but not immediately. it sounds like user error but i have tried everything. i usually resort to straffing runs with my guns to finish the mission (or just to kill every enemy in the level) any help appreciated.:joystick:

And the statement "I can get through the majority of the mission but by the end my missiles will not fire" may be important.

You may be experience laser burnout - where overuse (and more RTB/rearms have happened) is a likely cause.

You need to either a) let the laser rest (not sure for how long) or b) RTB and get repairs/replacement of chopper.

I'll see if I can find the specification for laser-lifetime ...

Here we go:

1. ED answer: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=614775&postcount=50

2. GGTharos translation of the specification: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=614992&postcount=55

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

laser burnout seems to be a likely cause but im not really sure how to resolve this if it is an intended feature. Do i just slow my targeting way down or what? kill 5 targets and take a smoke break? I do tend to skew with the target lock button held alot without uncaging or using the helmet.

And if it is an intended feature how are the rest of you not having the same problem when the game is also designed for you to be the major killer in the field?

I've experienced burnout after 1 flight and spending 12xVhikr and 24 rounds of 30mm HE.

I've experienced burnout after 2 flights and spending 24xVhikr and 48 rounds of 30mm HE.

I've been able to make it last 3 full flights as well.

I normally repair my chopper after 2 flights.

It all depends on how often you use "lock" (ENTER) and Shkval lock w/slew (With ENTER pressed) - while the laser is on (Laser to STBY).

If you use the HMS tagetting and use O to align the Skhval - you will not lase a target. Only when you press ENTER the lase will start. (Thats when you can see the distance being updated on the Shkval).

Firing the Vhikr / Guns right after you've aquired lock is the "best thing to do" IMHO - so you wont have to press Lock another time (and spend another laser cycle).

Scanning visually (throug you cockpit w/zoom) and ensuring that you select and lock quickly may make your laser last longer (more shots fired) before it "burns out".

I've never been able to "let it cool for 30 mins" and start using it again.

Instead I've landed at a FARP/AF and let the mechanics repair (replaces) my chopper within 4 mins.

Maybe someone else have had better luck "cooling the laser" than me. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 2 months later...

"Instead I've landed at a FARP/AF and let the mechanics repair (replaces) my chopper within 4 mins".

Hello Panzertard.

I have a question about it. How do you order mechanics to repair? Or is it just a matter of time and waiting is enough. How do you notice repairs have been made?.

Thanks

Coke

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

You just land turn off chopper (or turn off valves only don't remember) and stay about 3 minutes.

You will recognize you are repaired by new model of Ka-50 or warning lights don't flash anymore after chopper start. You can't miss when you are repaired :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ