@ ED: there is a problem with the german patch 1.0.1b

STP Dragon

Like you can see also in this topic:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45472

Yesterday I had a Teamspeak-meeting with some other guys from the LockonForum.de and it has resulted that there is a problem with the Full-Patch 1.0.1b.

There are a guy who had V1.0-DE and installed the Patch 1.0.1b-DE.

He had the same problem like me. (see other topic).

We told him that he should install Patch 1.0.1a-DE and after that the Hotfix a->b DE.

The problem was you have removed the Patch 1.0.1a from your side. So we had to upload it for him.

The bottom line was: It was working only with the Hotfix. The Patch 1.0.1b have a problem!

ED: Please check the Patch 1.0.1b-DE! In my point of view you use the old 1.0.1 (not "a") to build the 1.0.1b. So the problem with the localisation appear.

Like you can see also in this topic:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45472

Yesterday I had a Teamspeak-meeting with some other guys from the LockonForum.de and it has resulted that there is a problem with the Full-Patch 1.0.1b.

There are a guy who had V1.0-DE and installed the Patch 1.0.1b-DE.

He had the same problem like me. (see other topic).

We told him that he should install Patch 1.0.1a-DE and after that the Hotfix a->b DE.

The problem was you have removed the Patch 1.0.1a from your side. So we had to upload it for him.

The bottom line was: It was working only with the Hotfix. The Patch 1.0.1b have a problem!

ED: Please check the Patch 1.0.1b-DE! In my point of view you use the old 1.0.1 (not "a") to build the 1.0.1b. So the problem with the localisation appear.

AFAIK the uninstaller was fixed, as there was an error with the a-Versions uninstaller. Now the uninstaller works nice, but the bug from the original 1.0.1 version has reappeared. I noticed the same problem and simply installed the 101a over the 101b. As just the installer was changed, no problem here.

But in general, as 101b only changes the uninstaller and no gamefiles, so it does not effect game-compatibility, I recommend to stay with 101a unless you have problems with the installer/uninstaller.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

If you have 1.0.1a you can install the Hotfix from 1.0.1a to 1.0.1b

This is no problem, works fine.

But if you have 1.0 and will install 1.0.1b (big patch) this will make problem (for german version).

Well, as posted I posted before: If 101a runs, there is no need to install 101b.

As no game-content was touched online compatibility wasn't touched either.

So, I'd just stick with number one rule of PCs:

Never change a running system.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Just checked (for three versions, EN, RU, DE) again. For example:

Installed German release 1.0 version.

Imstalled German 1.0.1b patch.

Set Windows locale to Russian and launched.

No errors, all is runnung normally.

Check you have no old input files.

Edited by Ulrich
picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

It is not my intention to sound rude but what i experiance is the following:

- German Vista Home Premium 64

- English Download 1.0

- English Patch 1.0.1B

- if i start the game with locale set to Deutschalnd(Deutsch) i get the described error if i want to enter Settings

- if i change the locale to Englisch(Großbritannien) i can enter settings without error

In the former case i have no buttons/axis assigned and i can't play the game, only if i change the locale to Englisch(...)

edit:

would saved category lua files count as old input files?

Would be irrelevant, just made a test, cleared all categories and set to default -> same behavior.

I hope this explains the problem in detail, i think Dragon has a similar problem with a German BlackShark and a german patch 1.0.1B.

IIRC exactly this was the problem , why a patch 1.0.1A was necessary.

Edited by splashman
Remark about old input files:

i7 2600K - 8GB - Win7/64 - Radeon R9 280 / 3GB

Set Windows locale to Russian and launched.

You can't be serious! No way!

I'm german and I won't set the localisation to russian!

Why is there a difference between the 1.0 - >1.0.1b (have to change localisation)

and 1.0.1a -> 1.0.1b (don't have to change localisation)?

Why ED can't release a patch 1.0.1b without this localisation-problem? :doh:

Edit:

Hint for ED: If you won't anger your customers, upload the 1.0.1a patch to your side again.

Then delete the 1.0.1b patch and only provide the hotfix to 1.0.1b!

My 2 cent

Edited by =STP= Dragon
  • Like 1

You can't be serious! No way!

I'm german and I won't set the localisation to russian!

Why is there a difference between the 1.0 - >1.0.1b (have to change localisation)

and 1.0.1a -> 1.0.1b (don't have to change localisation)?

Why ED can't release a patch 1.0.1b without this localisation-problem? :doh:

Edit:

Hint for ED: If you won't anger your customers, upload the 1.0.1a patch to your side again.

Then delete the 1.0.1b patch and only provide the hotfix to 1.0.1b!

My 2 cent

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=758579&postcount=11

Ok. Your 2 cents - my 20% of warning for you. Calm down and keep your recommendations for yourself or try to help finding out what the problem is.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732