Training tracks 1.0.2 @ Youtube

Distiler

Hei buddies,

Many people is asking about tutorials/training tracks so I'm uploading at Youtube (at 720p) all official training videos that recently appeared at the main website file section.

Those videos are originally packed as executables and seem to be for Steam version because standard version has a message about rolling back to 1.0.1 version when you click on training menu (can be disabled using http://files.lockon.ru/en/174/).

I've converted them using ffmpeg (parameter -sameq, huge files) and they play nice and clear, even text, at 720p resolution.

To the point, here is the playlist :

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C1078E6BD843A032

PD:I hope ED doesen't mind about the upload without asking for permission, it's just for information/educational purposes, there is a lot of people asking about it in this forum, Steam, etc. I'll delete them if asked to.

PD2: those are not the original 1.0.0 training tracks converted to videos, those are new 1.0.2 training videos reencoded for youtube viewing.

Edited by Distiler
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Distiller--thanks alot--was in the middle of doing this myself! I noticed you lost the widescreen aspect ratio--which I was also having trouble figuring out. Do you still have the source files/recordings? Did you use the "built in" video creator, or fraps?

Hi,

I didn't record tracks, but simply reencoded and uploaded new official training videos for 1.0.2 patch from the website (http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=133&scr=products&lang=en), that you can download and install inside the game (those are .exe in fact).

Videos are at 1024x768, originals and the ones I've recorded for youtube. I also use widescreen monitor so watching them in-game is a bit weird because it gets artificially enlarged, so it's best from youtube, even in fullscreen (it puts black bands instead of enlarging them).

I've reencoded them using ffmpeg because youtube didn't like ogv videos, but I've already deleted those.

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Ok--I see. So they have been upconverted to HD (720p). (for it to have been native, source resolution would have had to have been 1280 x 720, not 1024 x 768. That also explains the 4:3 aspect ratio. Ok--I get it. I'm going through all the training from a fresh install, unpatched--and making wmv files, which will be at 1280 x 720, natively. I wonder if it's worth the effort, considering the work you've done.

Source res is 1024x768 4:3, youtube somewhat also likes that to make a 720p encode.

Mind some 1.0.0 tracks explain wrong things that have changed in 1.0.2 (trim for example), but I think it could be nice to have also those because they explain more things (autorotation for example).

Edited by Distiler