"Windows7 64bit" ALL versions and "Foxy" install instructions that work!!

"Windows7/Vista 64bit" ALL versions and "Cougar / Foxy" install instructions that work!!

Fixes "STTubeDevice203.dll, reinstall and try again" problem.

Disable "UAC" in windows should always be done, is a PITA anyway. Go to "Control Panel" and in "User Accounts' click "Change user account controls. Slide the bar to "never notifify" then click "OK".

Installation Instructions:

For 64 bits OS download the following driver:

DOWNLOAD>>

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/exe/HOTASCOUGAR/2007_HCO_VISTA_64_RC1.exe

1. Unplug your HOTAS Cougar joystick.

2. These drivers where designed for Windows Vista, but if you install them on your Windows 7 in Compatibility mode with "Vista SP2". You can do this by right clicking on the icon of the driver and chose Properties. There, on the second tab from left to right, called "Compatibility", check the box called "Run this program in compatibility mode with" and, from the drop-box found below, chose "Windows Vista SP2".

3. Follow the instructions on the screen , with install completed you will now have to find and install a file called "STTubeDevice203.dll"

4. Look in your folder at location "C:\HOTAS\drivers" and find "STTubeDevice203.dll" file. Then copied and pasted the "STTubeDevice203.dll" file into "C:\Windows\SysWow64" folder.

5. You are now ready to use your Hotas Cougar.

Enjoy!

Edited by VF-51_Cobraj
"Windows7/Vista 64bit" ALL versions and "Cougar / Foxy" install instructions that work!!

Regards,

Cobraj

Commander - Air Group 51

airgroup51.net

It's a flippin' miracle I tell ya! :thumbup: I was about to go out and commit suicide or something as drastic. I had just upgraded to Win 7 and could not get my Cougar to work for love nor money. I followed every trick posted in these forums, as well as several others - all saying pretty much the same thing - and getting the same result: "...cannot find STTubeDevice203.dll, reinstall and try again".

CobraJ found the missing .dll file and put it where it belonged and the CCP fired up immediately all by itself! I'm back in business flying again instead of playing Freecell and Solitaire on an expensive gamer.

Thanks CobraJ !!! :pilotfly:

Those who think they everything about aviation, are particularly annoying to those of us that really do ;)