Is there a way to not have a "360" cockpit view?

jspec3

Hi - I'm wondering how to get a cockpit view where I can't spin my trackir view all the way around, in other words to have my view stop when looking over my left/right 'virtual' shoulder.

I know there are lots of editable config files and I bet there's one that can do this, I just don't have any idea which one. Thanks!

Yes there is. Read the thread below this one, titled "eye point head position".

Two things to keep in mind though. You will have a difficult time seeing the back panels and when you are doing ACM, you are NOT going to want to be that guy that doesn't have a full 360 panorama view angle. :)

Also, look at Peter's realistic cockpit view mod while you are there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Cayenne viewpost.gif

Rider1, While trying to adjust HUD graphics myself, I stumbled across a head stop function that works with manual pan and TIR...

View.lua

Line 155 CameraAngleRestriction [A_10C] = {0,90,0.5}

change the parameters to {1,90,0.5} not sure what the 90 and the 0.5 do, but it will stop the Linda Blair Exorcist head. Can't see the back of the L&R consoles though! snap views to the rescue???

Edited by Rider1
  • Like 2

Guest Cayenne

I think You should limit that problem within the TIR program, You must have it amped up too much if your head is doing 360s...if Your view reaches say Your right shoulder than quit turning Your head

A real pilot can lean forward and look more than 180° behind and above so dont limit the sim limit your TIR ..just about anybody can do a 270° sitting in any chair/seat...

Check out this video Posted by Grab--->http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1556007252446&oid=163395661404&comments

Hi Cayenne, I see what you're saying but for me, personally, I really like the view to "stop" at where it does with {1,90,0.5}. I like the way my TIR is set up, and anyway, it's good to have choices - to each their own, you know?

Thanks for the link to that cool video, by the way!

• 1 month later...