Unofficial Flaming Cliffs FAQ

Q: Why LockOn is trying to access ctl.micorsoft.com? sometimes I see warnings in my firewall\network monitor?

A: It is a DirectX library who trying to check a sertification of video\audio drivers on initialization.

DIRECTX ISSUES

Authenticated Drivers

If your drivers are authenticated by Microsoft, then DX9 may try to

verify if they have expired by connecting to the following URL

crl.Microsoft.com. This is a Microsoft Certification check for

expiration of Certificate site. This could be triggered when a game

is run, as it interfaces with the video and sound drivers installed in

Windows.

This feature of Windows can be turned off in the following

way:

Start Internet explorer and click...

Tools | Internet Options

Click the ADVANCED TAB, then scroll down to Security:

UNCHECK the boxes that say "CHECK FOR PUBLISHERS CERTIFICATE

REVOCATION" and "CHECK FOR SERVERS CERTIFICATE REVOCATION(requires

restart)"

This will stop Windows from trying the verify if a certificated

drivers certificate has expired or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Why "Demo-Su-25T-Cruiser-Hunter.trk" and "Dogfight Su-25T vs 2 A-10.trk" playbacks incorrectly sometimes?

A: These tracks was recorded on beta version of FC, but Devs didn't exclude them from release, because they might be interesting for virtual pilots.

To playback these tracks correctly, start them right after FC start. Don't play missions or tracks before them.

Q: How can I change a default FOV for various planes?

A: check file "\Config\View\SnapViews.lua"

set Snap[N][13]["viewAngle"] = X

where X - your desired FOV and N - aircraft number:

1) Su-27

2) Su-33

3) Su-25

4) Su-25T

5) Mig-29

7) A-10

8) F-15

Q: How can I change default HUD color?

A: check file "\Config\View\View.lua"

HUDColor[N] = {R,G,B}

N is same aircraft number as described above.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

A F M

Q: Why "set trimmers to neutral possition" key is not working for Su-25\Su-25T?

A: Because of high level of simulation of AFM, these function was excluded from Su-25\Su-25T aircraft, since they doesn't have this function in real life.

Q: Why trim-axis doesn't work for Su-25\Su-25T?

A: The same reason as above, these aircrafts has button-style trimmers only, in real life.

Q: Why "unvulnerability" option doesn't work for Su-25\Su-25T?

A: Welcome to reality :) Honestly saying, Devs have decided to spend more time on implementing hardcore functions to AFM and forgot to implement "unvulnerability" to AFM.

Q: Why Su-25\Su-25T flaps position is incorrectly visualized in multiplayer?

A: known issue, to be fixed later.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

Force Feedback

Q: I have Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick and looks like feedback effects work wrong.

A: There is an issue with MSFF2 specifically. Check \Config\contactor.cfg and set SwapForceAxes to 1.

Q: How can I change a volume of force feedback effects?

A: check /Config/Contactor.cfg file.

TrimmerGain = 1.0; - a volume of force effect of triming

ShakeGain = 0.5; - a volume of force effect of shaking\getting hits\gun shooting\explosives etc

Mouse

Q: How can I enable mouse-view in cockpit?

A: set CockpitMouse = true in file \Config\View\View.lua

Q: How can I invert mouse axis?

A: go to Options->Controls->Axis->Mouse, select "Horizontal view" or "Vertical view" axis and set "Invert".

• 2 weeks later...

Q: I'm trying to install Flaming Cliffs \ Seasons Pack and getting "Error 3". What's wrong?

A: The file you downloaded is corrupted or not complete. This is known issue with Internet Explorer when downloading big files. We suggest you to use any kind of download manager, which support RESUME function. Go to Download->Files section of lockon.ru site and select your file pressing "DOWNLOAD" button. You will get a choice of 2 mirrors, select any mirror and copy URL of file to clipboard. Then post an URL from clipboard to your favorite download manager.

When download will complete, check the size of files:

LO_1.1_Flaming_Cliffs_Seasons_Pack.exe 179,849,577 bytes

LO_1.1_Flaming_Cliffs_Setup.exe 295,916,115 bytes

LO_1.1_Flaming_Cliffs_Movies_Pack.exe 304,725,630 bytes

Q: Sometimes LockOn crashing to desktop with exception in msvcrt.dll, How can I fix it?

A: This problem is happend on some configurations due to Windows issue known as DLL-hell. It is possible to fix it. Open Windows Notepad (or any other text editor), create a file named lockon.exe.local and save it to your LockOn folder, where lockon.exe is located. You don't have to write anything to this lockon.exe.local file, it can be 0 bytes length. Now Windows will run lockon.exe with its local copies of msvcp60.dll and msvcrt.dll.

Q: When I click on a campaign in the campaign window, nothing happens and the game seems to "freeze"(?)

A: Some of the campaigns in Lock-on 1.1, such as the "MiG-29 last_chance" campaign, are rather large. Just give them time to load - it may take 1-2 minutes.

JJ