Fix For 0xc000007b Crash I Was Having

steelogre

Hello,

Just wanted to share a fix for an issue I was having - and spent hours trying to remedy. If this has already been posted, my apologies.

After installing DCS World, I couldn't get it to launch. Every single time I got an error box with the message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I tried every solution offered in the forums and nothing worked. So I opened up Dependency Walker (Google it) and found that DCS was having issues with msvcr100.dll. Although many of you probably know this, that's a file from the Visual C++ 2010 package. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the 32-bit and 64-bit packages to no avail. So, after seeing this conflict, I just moved msvcr100.dll into a backup folder (I am always careful about outright deleting files like that) and proceeded to uninstall-reinstall both Visual C++ 2010 packages. Problem solved!

Hopefully this will help anyone that is, like I was, pulling their hair out trying to get this sim to run.

**EDIT: Just saw the sub-forum for bugs, sorry for the post in the main board!**

Edited by steelogre

• 1 year later...