New Su-33 Carrier Mission for FC2.

DPS

I've just posted my first FC2 file on the STICKY Flaming Cliffs Mission thread.

I produced many missions and campaigns for the original Lock On (was it really seven or eight years ago?) and this is my first attempt at using the new FC2 editor interface.

The premise is a bit odd as I have put a couple of US Hawk missile sites in southern Russia but it will give the player an excuse to go low-level through the valleys.

Hope you like it. I might try and make some more in the future.

Your task is to put the power station located in the river valley south-west of Khady'zhensk out of action.

Your jet is loaded with two FAB-500 bombs and is ready to launch from the carrier. Take off immediately with your wingman. You have enough fuel on board to complete the mission but a tanker is available at Waypoint 2 at 12:05 hrs at 5000 metres if required.

The power station is lightly defended; however, a foreign power has sited Hawk surface-to-air missiles on the plain north of the target so use terrain masking to delay detection by their radar for as long as possible.

On reaching the IP pull up to 2000 metres and roll onto the target on a heading of 120 Deg. The power station is on the south side of the river at the foot of the hills.

Egress to the south at low level. Caution: hostile fighters with Russian markings have been operating over the Black Sea. Our AWACS aircraft will only arrive on station at 12:30 Hrs.

If your aircraft is too badly damaged to return to the carrier, repair/re-arming facilities are available at Gelendzhik air base.

Recover to the carrier steaming 165 Km south of Novorosskjsk for tea and medals.

DPS.

Edited by DPS
Mission Brief Added.

• 7 months later...

hi love the mission how do I make it MP so me and a friend can do this as MP carrier mission? I tried to make copy of the one Su33 but it gives me a script error in the bombing way point.

Matter of fact the mission is fubar even SP the error for the bombing script is in error from original down load.

I get Mission can not be played errors.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

ah never mind I see its for FC2, not FC3. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 year later...

I realize this is a really old thread, but I am necro'ing it because I recently downloaded this mission. I was looking for stuff for the Su-33, and figured this was a good one to try.

Like Mastiff said, YEARS AGO, there was an issue where this mission has errors. I was able to fix said errors. I also made some other modifications to the mission so that I could gain the most from it. It's actually a really fun little mission for those of us who love flying carrier ops with the Su-33.

I am not sure if the original mission builder is still around, but if you are, DPS, and would like the updated .miz file, please let me know.

Changes I made (to personal taste):

Title- Changed the title to simply "The Power Station" and added custom briefing graphic.

Weather- Made it totally overcast, ceiling at 1500m, thickness 1500m. No precipitation, but some wind.

Date/Time- Set to September 1 instead of June. Time set to 0900 hours.

Flight paths- Made modifications to player path, tanker path, AWACS, and F-5 fighter paths. I wanted them to be more in sync, time wise. AWACS and F-5s still spawn delayed.

New aircraft- Added a second wingman (total 3 ship) to player group. Differing loadouts. Added 2 ship of Su-25T Frogfoot whose ONLY job is to take out that SAM Avenger less than 2 minutes before player flight is in the target area.

Changed AI- Upped the AI skill on the F-5 pilots, player wingmen, and Su-25T flight. Improved AI for both HAWK sites. They DO NOT PLAY AROUND!

Triggers & Victory/Fail Conditions- Added a trigger zone around the carrier so that when player pilot lands mission success or failure can be calculated. Also added failure conditions (if player dies, target survives, etc), as well as partial victory conditions (target destroyed but took casualties), and FULL victory conditions (target destroyed, all three player group Flanker D's make it home safely).

I posted a video of me playing this mission on my youtube page. Look for Belgeode. You'll find it. (Edit)

Edited by Belgeode
Editing changelog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch