AI won't fly route

BallsOFire

I made a mission consisting of one flight of two with the player as lead. On the way to the target I jump (RAlt-J) into my wingman's plane to perform a task and immediately the AI that took over my plane sets the waypoint back to 1 and RTBs. Also the "Next Waypoint. Airfield, Or Target" (default = LCtrl+') does not seem to function at all from either plane. I'm flying the A-10A. Is jumping into other planes not really supported well? Is there another way I can change waypoints form the cockpit?

I5, GTX1060, TM Warthog A-10C Flightstick, TM TWCS, Odyssey+ WMR

I found a workaround for the strange behavior in case anyone is interested. If I save the mission with no player assigned to either plane and start the mission as a spectator, I can then jump into the number 2 element (wingman) and the lead AI flys the mission as he is supposed to. It even works if I jump into the lead plane first and then transition to #2. If I start the mission as lead and then jump however, the lead AI goes bonkers and RTBs like I described above. I thought it strange that I couldn't assign myself (player) to the #2 plane in the mission editor, it seems the player always has to be lead. No problem now though I just start the mission as a spectator and then fly whichever I want so I am happy. :thumbup:

I5, GTX1060, TM Warthog A-10C Flightstick, TM TWCS, Odyssey+ WMR