F-15c speeds for AFM?

Skids82

On a short hiatus, however keeping up to date on forums. With the release of the F-15c AFM, do we have any new speeds for it? I.e., final/touchdown speeds, corner velocity? Don't think anyone has posted this yet or if ED has publicized it.

Also, as a parting shot since I haven't had a chance to fly the AFM yet, curious what feedback anyone has for it. Thanks!

On a short hiatus, however keeping up to date on forums. With the release of the F-15c AFM, do we have any new speeds for it? I.e., final/touchdown speeds, corner velocity? Don't think anyone has posted this yet or if ED has publicized it.

Also, as a parting shot since I haven't had a chance to fly the AFM yet, curious what feedback anyone has for it. Thanks!

You're a week or two early. ;)

The new AFM hasn't been released yet. It's coming with the 1.2.8 patch which will be arriving shortly...

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Shoot! Thanks for clearing that up then.

No problem.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Pretty much same as the SFM ones. The SFM may have an 'S' in front of it, but that means that is just has more limitations than the AFM ... not that it isn't realistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What you're gonna wanna do is go on Scribd, and download a PDF File of this document: TO-1F-15A-1-Flight-Manual-USAF-F-15-Series-A-B-C-D-Block-7-and-Up-Change-5-01-Mar-1986.

It's 400 some pages of flight characteristics, emergency procedures, and some other really handy stuff like combat fuel flow management.

Thanks for the info! Always a picnic when yah get to run spider charts for performance. I didn't know of Scrib; thank you for the posting that.

Pretty much same as the SFM ones. The SFM may have an 'S' in front of it, but that means that is just has more limitations than the AFM ... not that it isn't realistic.

I spent a little time looking at what SFM is; mostly though I've brain dumped it and just held on to the fact it's a decade old model. I think I read it was based on tab data? Not that tab data is out-dated, just trying to recall where the numbers come from.

It was dynamically computed just like AFM. AFM just does more work and it deals with more data.

There's no such thing as a flight model without some sort of data table.

I spent a little time looking at what SFM is; mostly though I've brain dumped it and just held on to the fact it's a decade old model. I think I read it was based on tab data? Not that tab data is out-dated, just trying to recall where the numbers come from.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda