Config lua settings are erratic from laptop to PC

I run two setups ... desktop and laptop (test)

I setup a new profile (F-15C TM Warthog.lua) on the desktop and transfered it to the laptop thinking the same settings would be active once the lua file was loaded. -- WRONG!!!!

None of my settings are the same when the lua file is loaded.

Note: I only transfered one file "F-15C TM Warthog.lua"

Question: Am I missing a file or is it possible that settings can't be used on two different computers?

Thanks Guys!

What version are we talking about and was this a saved profile that you moved or where exactly did you create the new lua?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What version are we talking about and was this a saved profile that you moved or where exactly did you create the new lua?

1.2.7.23803.355-305

The config was created and configured on my desktop and I'm trying to use it also on my laptop where I do most of my mission testing.

Thanks

Where was the file, that you moved, located (i.e. DCS World/Config/..)?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If your profile file has a guid in it's name (string of hexadecimal digits separated with dashes - looks like "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {9823CD30-6CF4-11e3-8001-444553540000}.lua")

you can encounter same problem i did.

Thing is that this guid is somehow assigned to controller you are conecting to your computer. And it's different each time you reinstall dcs or change computer.

Please try to find in your input config files on your second computer if there is any file for your joystick. Then just use guid found there in your original files from first computer (replace old guid with new in file name). It worked for me and I've migrated all my control settings that way :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."

Please try to find in your input config files on your second computer if there is any file for your joystick. Then just use guid found there in your original files from first computer (replace old guid with new in file name). It worked for me and I've migrated all my control settings that way :thumbup:

The correct, and easiest, way to do this is to use the Save Profile function to save a copy of each profile (one per controller, per aircraft) and then move the saved profile (lua) to the new machine and use the Load Profile command.

Anything else, is just doing it the hard way.

If your profile file has a guid in it's name (string of hexadecimal digits separated with dashes - looks like "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {9823CD30-6CF4-11e3-8001-444553540000}.lua")

you can encounter same problem i did.

Thing is that this guid is somehow assigned to controller you are conecting to your computer. And it's different each time you reinstall dcs or change computer.

AWESOME!!!!!!

That information is very useful.

AWESOME!!!!!!

That information is very useful.

Thx.

And for many modules and few controllers for each is much faster than saving and restoring profiles.

Edited by ptako
spelling errors

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."