Track IR not working when using guns.

Some people close there eyes when they are shooting, but Track IR is still working.

What´s your problem Steff?

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52

I'm not using teamspeak,and i did not modifyed anything.

I simply uninstalled everything from DCS because i bought all games from them.

Then i reinstalled version 1.2.8 and tryed my Huey exactly like ver 1.2.6.

Now when i use left pilot side for shooting "using track IR", and flexible sight, it is not moving at all and i can look correctly Inside cockpit.

And when the guy say press keyboard 3 to use gunner with M60, it does nothing too.

The issue is probably from me, i don't know.

Should i deinstall and re try ?

Sorry if my English is not good but i really do my best.

:joystick: And i shoot with both eyes opened !!!!

It's just sad that i'm stuck here and i can't do missions correctly now. I can't use gunners in back because their machine guns are not moving too.

Have a good day all.

Edited by steffj
new thoughts

• 4 months later...

I've got the same problem. I cannot control Flexible Sight or door gunners with trackir. BUT Aim with TrackIR is checked in misc options. Help!

EDIT: It works not! Woohoo. All I had to do was. Go into options, DISABLE aim with TrackIR, then start a mission.

Then exit the mission, and go to options and ENABLE aim with TrackIR. Now it works!

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

you have to log into the game ... go to option,In the drop down menu select huey door gunner, then special ,in the special screen you have to select the huey in the lower tabs below the main tabs then trackIR aiming .. i was having the same issue and this fixed it.

good luck :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adding to what christofsweden said ... I think, there is a small bug when changing something under Options -> Special. If the module is new (just installed), the default settings are visible there, but might not be active - as they are not yet written to your settings in your Saved Games folder. So you would change something, then the settings are written to the disk, then you change it back to what you originally wanted and the now correct settings are saved. Then it all should work as expected.

• 3 months later...
I'm not using teamspeak,and i did not modifyed anything.

I simply uninstalled everything from DCS because i bought all games from them.

Then i reinstalled version 1.2.8 and tryed my Huey exactly like ver 1.2.6.

Now when i use left pilot side for shooting "using track IR", and flexible sight, it is not moving at all and i can look correctly Inside cockpit.

And when the guy say press keyboard 3 to use gunner with M60, it does nothing too.

The issue is probably from me, i don't know.

Should i deinstall and re try ?

Sorry if my English is not good but i really do my best.

:joystick: And i shoot with both eyes opened !!!!

It's just sad that i'm stuck here and i can't do missions correctly now. I can't use gunners in back because their machine guns are not moving too.

Have a good day all.

I met same problem!

I've got the same problem. I cannot control Flexible Sight or door gunners with trackir. BUT Aim with TrackIR is checked in misc options. Help!

EDIT: It works not! Woohoo. All I had to do was. Go into options, DISABLE aim with TrackIR, then start a mission.

Then exit the mission, and go to options and ENABLE aim with TrackIR. Now it works!

I will try now. Computer system is really a complicated thing. disble? start mission? exit mission? enable again? restart mission. then work? OH I am really lost in PC :megalol:

I used the method you told. It works.

leave sentence here, just for thank you ! and let all friends who met same problem know.

• 7 months later...

I realize this is a Necro-post, but I figured if I am looking for this info 8 months later, maybe others are too?

I had the same problem as the OP when I installed the Huey Module (v1.2.16) earlier this month, so apparently whatever causes the initial problem still exists?

I was also rather puzzled when the Huey's default skin for the training missions was a Civilian skin, and the default load-out for the "Weapons Employment" mission didn't include M-60's for the door-gunner positions. I edited the mission .miz file to fix the loadout and default skin issues, but I find that TrackIR aiming for the co-pilot seat is bugged for me.

My in-cockpit view shows the flex sight tracking properly, but when I Aim LEFT, and then switch to the F2 view, the mini's are actually pointing to the RIGHT. This reversal happens only in the horizontal axis - vertical muzzle deflection tracks true to my aim. The problem also applies only to the Mini-guns. The TrackIR aiming function works properly for the door gunner positions. I don't know enough about the code behind the TrackIR aim function to even make a SWAG about why it works properly for door guns, but reverses for the Minis? TrackIR Aiming appears to be a simple "on/off" option under the "Special" options tab, with no corresponding axis to "tune" under the controls tab. And even if I could find a way to "invert" the TrackIR horizontal axis specifically for the TrackIR Aim function, I believe that would just switch the problem behavior from the Minis to the door guns.

Am I missing something here?

Edited by LuckyStiff63
added confirmation about vertical axis tracking working OK.

"We call them MISSiles for a reason. If they always worked, we'd call them HITtiles." - Unknown Combat Aviator

"I was just pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said: ' I drank WHAT??!! '...- Val Kilmer as "Chris Knight" in REAL GENIUS