Unplugging the X-55 causes PC to freeze, mouse movement produces beeping sounds

Hello,

I have exactly same prolbem, as described in first topic. I read this thread carefully, but I didn´t find proper solution, except complete reinstal OS. I tried connect joysticks to front usb panel, back usb panel and also to usb hub with external power. No change. Disconnecting joysticks make my system strange freezed, laging mouse and only restart can help.

So let´s take a look again for this problem and try figure this out, we are not only a few members with this problem :helpsmilie:

Thanks

Jiri

You say you disconnected them but did you delete the connections in the device manager? Simply disconnecting them does not solve the issue. You must disconnect them, delete all of the USB connections in your device manager and then start connecting them ONE AT A TIME starting with the Saitek stick Hotas first.. Then all the rest must be connected and tested one at a time until you have everything up and running..

The order is very specific and required or it will not help...

And Decibel glad to hear you figured out your issue.. Based on what you said, my guess would be that you didn't load the USB 3 drivers specific for your controller and since this technology is still fairly new, there isn't a 100% functional driver built into the OS install so when you installed it, it doesn't work as needed..

Try to see if there is an updated driver for your USB 3.0 ... (Even if you don't have this issue anymore, you may still continue to have USB 3.0 issues until you download the latest and greatest..)

:thumbup:

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

You say you disconnected them but did you delete the connections in the device manager? Simply disconnecting them does not solve the issue. You must disconnect them, delete all of the USB connections in your device manager and then start connecting them ONE AT A TIME starting with the Saitek stick Hotas first.. Then all the rest must be connected and tested one at a time until you have everything up and running..

The order is very specific and required or it will not help...

And Decibel glad to hear you figured out your issue.. Based on what you said, my guess would be that you didn't load the USB 3 drivers specific for your controller and since this technology is still fairly new, there isn't a 100% functional driver built into the OS install so when you installed it, it doesn't work as needed..

Try to see if there is an updated driver for your USB 3.0 ... (Even if you don't have this issue anymore, you may still continue to have USB 3.0 issues until you download the latest and greatest..)

:thumbup:

I am not sure if I understand you clearly (my english is not the best :-) ) . I unplug both joysticks or one of them - system freeze. I have to make hard shut down and start. After my system starts, you said that i should delete all connection in device manager? I am not sure how to do it or what exactly you mean..

Only yesterday was once a little change - bsod :-).

And last question: i havent usb 3.0, should i be afraid of it?

I am not very savvy into that field, What I did is reviewed the X55 requirement and I need 2x USB 2.0 ports so they say. I just disconnected them from the 3.0 and connected them on the 2.0 instead

Happy New Year to all :)

well i have same problem but found a fix that works for me. TRY

1. Close all saitek software (in task manager)

2. wait 2-4 min

3. unplug all saitek devices

4. move mouse if beep happens restart pc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mods:Diveplane's unofficial soundpack

Specs:

JOYSTICK: Saitek X52 pro

RUDDER: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

HEAD TRACK: TackIR 5

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.7GHz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970

Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M

RAM: Corsair Dominator 16GB 1866 DDR3

SSD: OCZ RevoDrive3 240GB PCIe

MOBO: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000W 80+ Bronze

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS

I have been fighting this same issue for months. Thank you for everyone for the advice. Today, I unplugged the HOTAS without thinking and everything was fine. Excited I jumped on TeamSpeak to tell my friends and try it out again. Unfortunately the computer froze again. It then dawned on me that TeamSpeak was the only thing different than other attempts I have tried in the past (always had it on to talk to friends while trying to figure the issue out. Leaving the TeamSpeak program off, I was able to unplug the HOTAS with no problems. Bear in mind this WAS after doing full uninstall of software, drivers, and removing the HOTAS from the device manager and temp folders.

Looking back on other forums, there was mention of ghosting and conflict problems with TS and the x-55 in the past. Changing the hotkey function from default to keyboard and mouse only seemed to be a good fix. I did that, and everything has been working excellently since. If others have not tries this out, I recommend giving it a try. Also, try seeing what happens while TS is completely off as well. Hope this helps and best of luck to others who still have problems.

To get to the option change:

Teamspeak: Settings, options, hotkeys, lower right corner drop down menue switch form default to keyboard & mouse only

Source at Mad Catz/Saitek site: http://support.madcatz.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/518/176/x-55-ghost-button-issue

Credit to Blooze for initial info: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122307

Edited by calibro8185

• 3 weeks later...
I have been fighting this same issue for months. Thank you for everyone for the advice. Today, I unplugged the HOTAS without thinking and everything was fine. Excited I jumped on TeamSpeak to tell my friends and try it out again. Unfortunately the computer froze again. It then dawned on me that TeamSpeak was the only thing different than other attempts I have tried in the past (always had it on to talk to friends while trying to figure the issue out. Leaving the TeamSpeak program off, I was able to unplug the HOTAS with no problems. Bear in mind this WAS after doing full uninstall of software, drivers, and removing the HOTAS from the device manager and temp folders.

Looking back on other forums, there was mention of ghosting and conflict problems with TS and the x-55 in the past. Changing the hotkey function from default to keyboard and mouse only seemed to be a good fix. I did that, and everything has been working excellently since. If others have not tries this out, I recommend giving it a try. Also, try seeing what happens while TS is completely off as well. Hope this helps and best of luck to others who still have problems.

Teamspeak: Settings, options, hotkeys, lower right corner drop down menue switch form default to keyboard & mouse only

Source at Mad Catz/Saitek site: http://support.madcatz.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/518/176/x-55-ghost-button-issue

Credit to Blooze for initial info: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122307

I must thank you Sir, you just solved my issue.

Best Regards.

• 7 months later...

Thank you. That was the perfect solution to the exact same problem with my Saitek X-65.

• 2 months later...

Thank you very, very much for posting this info. This has fixed the issue for me and it was something that was really frustrating to deal with. I really appreciate you taking the time to detail your findings and experience.

/sarcasm

...However!... I just can't fathom how this worked!? I mean - every Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Systems Engineer, A+Tech, etc etc etc knows that the ONLY fix today for these crazy contraptions is to format and re-install the entire OS! How could we possibly fix a computer issue by finding a common denominator and deducing the issue systematically? That's just CRAAAAAZY talk!

/sarcasm

*sigh*...

Edited by Strongfort