Defaults to 1024x768

New here and new to DCS so please be nice ;)

Thought I'd give it a spin ready for the Oculus Rift more than anything but in the meantime I wanted ot give it a blast last night.

I set the res to 1920x1080 and all seems good but when I launch it defaults to 1024x768. Am I missing something really obvious.

My nvidia drivers are up to date

PC - Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz / Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3

16GB DDR3 / GTX 780 3GB

BenQ W1080ST / W7 Home Premium x64

Control - X52 (for now)

Tactile - SimVibe / Motion - Lince 2dof 100mm SCN5s

have you made all the program icons use as administrator?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

have you made all the program icons use as administrator?

No..I was just launching through steam :music_whistling:

It was late last night so I may have missed something if it told me to do that..but I will this evening :thumbup:

16GB DDR3 / GTX 780 3GB

Control - X52 (for now)

No..I was just launching through steam :music_whistling:

It was late last night so I may have missed something if it told me to do that..but I will this evening :thumbup:

just so you know the GUI goes though several open and close reload aspect and resolution transitions before it gets to your UI screen, so in the options make sure you made the right Aspect with your screen desktop resolution.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

just so you know the GUI goes though several open and close reload aspect and resolution transitions before it gets to your UI screen, so in the options make sure you made the right Aspect with your screen desktop resolution.

Thanks mate, I'll have a play tonight and report back if any further issues.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

16GB DDR3 / GTX 780 3GB

Control - X52 (for now)

Still no joy for me.

I'm using a projector with native res of 1920x1080, not had issues with anything else. Tried as admin and still the same.

Happy to listen to ideas :) No rush, plenty of other stuff to keep me busy ;)

16GB DDR3 / GTX 780 3GB

Control - X52 (for now)

Still no joy for me.

I'm using a projector with native res of 1920x1080, not had issues with anything else. Tried as admin and still the same.

Happy to listen to ideas :) No rush, plenty of other stuff to keep me busy ;)

ok, I see now...

so in the video control panel make sure you have the projector as default...

Then go into your game options and do windows mode..

ok, I see now...

so in the video control panel make sure you have the projector as default...

Then go into your game options and do windows mode..

What control panel do you mean? I only use a projector, there's no other display attached.

I game options I need to choose windowed mode?

16GB DDR3 / GTX 780 3GB

Control - X52 (for now)

What control panel do you mean? I only use a projector, there's no other display attached.

I game options I need to choose windowed mode?

In your computer on display right click in the desktop open your

Video control panel make sure you have the projector as your display device from your video control panel.

In DCS World there is an options menu in there for display choose window mode.

Thanks for the replies mate but alas I can't get it working right.

I only have one display which is my default 1920x1080.

In the game options I select 1920x1080 16:9 and untick Full Screen. When I launch a flight it flips to 1024x768 and when I go back to options it's changed the res and ratio and ticked the Full Screen button for me :s

I assume there's no where I should be saving the options when I make them (cant see a 'save' button.

I'm not desperate right now as I'm more interested in trying it when my Oculus Rift is here but would be cool to have a blast :)

EDIT - and the only way to run as admin is to use the RUN.exe in the steam/DCS folder ?

EDIT 2 - I'm wondering if it's my amp that's the issue. My HDMI from GTX780 goes into my Onkyo amp then on to the projector, it's never been an issue to date but there's always a first time :s

Edited by museumsteve

16GB DDR3 / GTX 780 3GB

Control - X52 (for now)