MIG-15 Pics thru another Wags sighting...

BST is slowly covering all eras of military aviation with at least two antagonist aircraft - doing the MiG-15bis would be a nice thing to do.

Fixed that for you ;)

Belsimtek, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You guys are just amazing! You do a lot to keep DCS going, and filled with interesting modules!

So when can I buy the MiG-15? The Sabre is a beauty and a legend for the Americans, but it's never really done anything for me. The MiG was so simple, but deadly effective - and had a partly British engine too IIRC Churchill gave a couple to the Soviets at the end of '45?

Churchill had nothing to do with the bizarre decision to sell the RR Nenes to the a Soviets, it was the post war Labour Attlee government. I very much doubt Churchill would have handed the tech over.

Edited by Mogster

Actually I'm pretty sure the allies (both the western ones and Russia) did capture some airplane scientists and papers and stuff, like they did with the rocket guys (which is why early both Russian and American rocket designs look exactly like V2s), so I think it is not too far in the realm of guesswork if we say the design might have been inspired by the German one.