Surely I can't be the only one...

OutOnTheOP

...who, after five or ten minutes figuring out controls on the Sabre, had an uncontrollable urge to load 'er up with GAR-8s and set up a tail chase against a FW190D9.

I couldn't help but cackle maniacally as the missile went right up his tail, ending the fight nigh-effortlessly for me. "Suck it, Hans! That's for all the grief when the AI FW190D9 first released, and took a zillion and a half rounds of .50!"

Ahhh, it feels good.

From what I've seen (so far), the F-86 is a dream of a module. The only issues I've had so far are generally related to my computer setup, which is very sub-optimal since I moved recently and haven't really put the computer back together right.

It does seem to ground loop a bit on the easy side, though. Landing was a piece of cake, but as soon as I touched the brakes, it was doing donuts off the runway. Might be a setup fault with my toe brake axes, I don't know.

*edit* I was impressed that the lock-on distance for the GAR-8s against the FW190 seemed so short... I think only 800 meters. I had previously tested them against the AN-30, and it seemed to get good tone against that from around 1.5km. Granted, I haven't done in-depth testing on it, just noticed it as I was toying around with the module, but if IR signature and radar signature are separately modeled, that's fantastic, and good on ya', Eagle Dynamics

Edited by OutOnTheOP

Surely I can't be the only one...

Unfortunately, our new opponent (mig-15) seems to be quite a challenge though :( I did a dogfight last night with one, it may be that I'm not as good with energy management with the f-86, but I had my hands full.

Edited by JMasterFlash
wording error