Finnish labels for the MiG-21 Bis cockpit

Chain

There is one extra file after update (MiG-21-cockpit_008BMP.dds) in the original cockpits zip/folder. Copy that file to your finnish cockpit zip/folder! :thumbup:

Mig-21_Cockpit_ORG.zip is my backup, so don't worry if you dont have one in same location...

Thanks, that helped :thumbup:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

almost perfect, atmospheric pressure window in barometric altimeter is now missing. Need to copy more files I think..

edit: Fixed, copied MiG-21_Pressure_Gauge.dds and now it's working.

Screen_141127_204257.thumb.jpg.778e668c2db32952f21c4995bb367ac5.jpg

Edited by coldViPer

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

• 2 weeks later...

So according to tips from user uboats here's the way to use the cockpit modification with new livery-system. I'll check if there's way to reduce package size since only modified textures need to be put into new system.

1) download the cockpit textures by chain

2) extract the files into folder:

..\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\custom\

3) in DCS options, make sure cockpit language is set to "english"

4) in DCS options, in Mig-21BIS options, select the custom cockpit support

5) (possibly optional, needs testing) download attached lua-script and save it into same place the cockpit textures are (see 2).

If all was ok you should see the finnish labels and you don't need to overwrite the existing zip-file anymore.

And it's possible that we could reduce the size of package since we don't need to copy unmodified files around anymore either.

-- Sama suomeksi -- Same in finnish --

Elikkäs käyttäjän uboats vinkin mukaan tässä ohjeet ohjaamon suomi-modin käyttämiseen uudella menetelmällä. Tekstuuripakettia voin vielä katsoa mitä siitä voidaan poistaa koska vain muokatut tarvitaan uudella menetelmällä.

1) lataa chainin ohjaamotekstuurien paketti

2) pura paketin tiedostot hakemistoon:

3) DCS:n optioissa tarkista että ohjaamokielenä on nyt "englanti"

4) DCS:n optioissa tarkista että Mig-21BIS asetuksissa custom-ohjaamotuki on valittuna

5) (mahdollisesti valinnaista, testattava) lataa liitteenä oleva lua-skripti ja tallenna se samaan hakemistoon tekstuurien kanssa (ks. kohta 2)

Jos kaikki meni oikein nyt pitäisi näkyä suomenkieliset tekstit ohjaamossa ja enää ei tarvitse ylikirjoittaa alkuperäisiä zip-tiedostoja modilla.

Voi olla mahdollista vielä pienentää tuon modipaketin kokoa koska enää ei tarvitse kopioida muokkaamattomia tiedostoja eri paikkoihin.

description.lua

Edited by kazereal
translation - kielikäännös
  • Like 1

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

So according to tips from user uboats here's the way to use the cockpit modification with new livery-system. I'll check if there's way to reduce package size since only modified textures need to be put into new system.

1) download the cockpit textures by chain

2) extract the files into folder:

3) in DCS options, make sure cockpit language is set to "english"

4) in DCS options, in Mig-21BIS options, select the custom cockpit support

5) (possibly optional, needs testing) download attached lua-script and save it into same place the cockpit textures are (see 2).

If all was ok you should see the finnish labels and you don't need to overwrite the existing zip-file anymore.

And it's possible that we could reduce the size of package since we don't need to copy unmodified files around anymore either.

-- Sama suomeksi -- Same in finnish --

Elikkäs käyttäjän uboats vinkin mukaan tässä ohjeet ohjaamon suomi-modin käyttämiseen uudella menetelmällä. Tekstuuripakettia voin vielä katsoa mitä siitä voidaan poistaa koska vain muokatut tarvitaan uudella menetelmällä.

1) lataa chainin ohjaamotekstuurien paketti

2) pura paketin tiedostot hakemistoon:

3) DCS:n optioissa tarkista että ohjaamokielenä on nyt "englanti"

4) DCS:n optioissa tarkista että Mig-21BIS asetuksissa custom-ohjaamotuki on valittuna

5) (mahdollisesti valinnaista, testattava) lataa liitteenä oleva lua-skripti ja tallenna se samaan hakemistoon tekstuurien kanssa (ks. kohta 2)

Jos kaikki meni oikein nyt pitäisi näkyä suomenkieliset tekstit ohjaamossa ja enää ei tarvitse ylikirjoittaa alkuperäisiä zip-tiedostoja modilla.

Voi olla mahdollista vielä pienentää tuon modipaketin kokoa koska enää ei tarvitse kopioida muokkaamattomia tiedostoja eri paikkoihin.

Thanks, tested this and uboats Drop-Down list -mod, works great :thumbup:

I think that the rest needs better pictures from the cockpit to be implemented. There's Tikkakoski museum nearby so that might be doable with some free time..

Last time we discussed this it was about plans to change into the label-system Cobra mentioned but this was a bit unclear how it works.

Also fixing the labels for the updated cockpit might make more sense with change into that label-system.

Sorry for butting in here :)

Hi guys. All the labels should be done but I need to make some of the textures look a bit better. I'm very busy this month but early next year I'll have more time to continue the project. I might take a look at it earlier if possible.

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

New .zip is available now. Instructions are in the first post. Thanks for the help guys.

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

• 2 months later...

Someone/thing modified the download today: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1286396/

The "new" zip is only 40 megabytes or so, compared to the old that was 70 megs...

Chain: Did you update it?

EDIT: mistakenly added wrong link to bf-109 finnish skin.. Fixed the link above to point to the Mig..

Here's the bf-109 Finn-skin: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1089281/

Edited by Juuba
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Someone/thing modified the download today: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1089281/

The "new" zip is only 40 megabytes or so, compared to the old that was 70 megs...

Chain: Did you update it?

Are you talking about the 109 skins in your link or my MiG-21 cockpit labels? I did not make the 109 skins. :)

System:

I earlier removed some of the textures from the package which were not edited while making the cockpit labels. There were no major changes in that package.

About the today's edit...I only added few keywords for the search engine.

I'm in progress of getting better editing software to complete the cockpit labels. I also need a few more reference images which are hard to get without powering up the actual aircraft.

System:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...