DCS Oculus TV - Upload Your Tracks!

AHHH decision paralysis :o

Well firstly, thanks so much for offering! Erm I dunno really. That Huey track was great, like a theme park ride, so maybe some combat if you are up for it? I don't know if other folks are following the thread at the mo or not, so maybe they can jump in and suggest things, but if not: I tend to struggle following air to air, even though it looks cool, and stuff like ground runs between hills in the A-10 look awesome, so some hilly air to ground would be pretty cool. A-10, Su-25, Ka-50, your choice :)

Flying cookie jar footage of course would be obligatory

Great, thinking of doing some F-86F or P-51D air-to-air (it's nicer if you can actually see the enemy instead of BVR kills), and some pup-up SAM take-downs with Mavs in the A-10C =) Maybe even some carpet bombing or KA-50 low level engagements... I can't choose!

yep multiplayer works now, and the chat text is (just barely) legible.

I just made a short video, starting up the mig-21, i ran out of space, but i've freed up a lot more, i'll put on a couple videos of flying around too.

Cool :) If you have any tracks of your Mig combat, would you be happy to upload them so folks with that module can check them out?

I don't personally have it yet but I noticed a fair few people are downloading the tracks :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

That is really odd, I just ran it with the new update and it works just fine for me.... :(

Hmm its weird, I compared the video to the track, and though you start in the exact same spot, for example, where you land on the runway at 3:55, instead you are about 500 yards to the left of that point, out in the field. Because the terrain is higher, the chopper comes to an undignified skiddy stop.

At 5:20 in the video you bank towards the cranes, but in the track playback when you make that turn you are still behind the the power lines, some way back. Of course the terrain is different again and the chopper plows into the ground, whilst of course the track continues to play back.

Its quite freaky really :) Gives me a Running Man vibe.

Anyone know why there might be such a desync in the track when I play it? I am on the most recent update too.

EDIT: Ok the exact moment it goes awry is at 1:55 when you hover over the third pad. The chopper suddenly experiences a pitch up then roll left, only slight, but enough that the skid catches the edge of the pad and spins you about 45 degrees off to where you should be. The rest of the track is then either based on that, or somehow continues to introduce errors.

EDIT2: After doing a forum search, looks like the track function is a bit unreliable especially after patches. I guess this may only now work well with newly recorded tracks :( I will add this to the opening post in the thread.

Edited by CookPassBabtridge

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR