SAU automatic mode outside of PRMG glide path?

Flagrum

When enabling the SAU autom. landing mode while not withing the PRMG glide path, the AP steers the aircraft at the shortest path into the ground (large neg. pitch). Is that really supposed to be that way? I had neither intercepted the glide path nor did I even switch CU11 to the down position - should SAU autom. landing even engage under these circumstances?

The other problem: should one not be able to turn that mode off with PS4 "Autopilot disengage"?

You use SAU Landing Modes Disengage to turn off the landing modes. (It's on the SAU control panel.)

Yes, that works, but it would be more ... intuitive and safer if it could be disengaged at the stick. (imagine having to reach over the stick to disengage it at the control panel while you are closing in at the runway with 300-400 km/h, a few hundred meters AGL.)

Take it up with Messrs. Mikoyan and Gurevich. :P

Yeah, I actually hestiated half a second to write the word "intuitive" in a thread about a russian aircraft ... ;o)

Anyhow, at least the behaviour of the SAU auto destruc... err SAU auto landing mode issue needs clarifying/correction, I think.