WWII Radar Script request

dooom

I am wondering if it is possible to create a script that simulates the Chain Home range/direction functionality from great britain in the late 30s/early 40s. I would like to us the radio towers to simulate an array with an add radio flag function to force a do script print out bearing/range of enemy planes within "X" (read zone radius) of a Chain Home tower. Different add radio functions would call on different group stations for reports.

I see a plausible example of the print outs with Stonehouses' work in the GCI script and wonder if this could be adapted for a WWII purpose.

My hope is that a Chain Home array could add immersion and free my mission making from such a heavy reliance upon flak to assist aircraft spotting.

I see the script requiring the user inputs of creating the zones/adding the radio towers but the script logic could hopefully add the radio items and remove them if a radio tower is taken out.

Is this possible? I have tried to introduce AWACS and GCI into WWII MP missions but consistently face frustration with the dependability of clients not hearing/being able to contact the awacs - also , they are a bit too powerful and theatre wide to work well in WWII.

A Chain home system might be more plausible, reliable and ultimately add new strategic targets to the missions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_radar#Origins_in_Great_Britain

CH_Radar_Mast_-_Stenigot_-_geograph.org.uk_-_150615.jpg

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 2 years later...