landing gear can be raised while Su-25T is on the ground

kontiuka

Well, in the P-51D, you can raise the landing gear while on the ground but that actually mimics real life behaviour. That is, there is no safety mechanism (in order to save weight, I believe). I somehow doubt it's like that for the Su-25T.

The F-16 has several safety features, but you can still do this.

During the take off phase of the touch and go, the MP moved the landing gear handle to the up position prior to applying full throttle causing the landing gear to retract while the aircraft was still on the ground.

(Direct link to pdf of Accident report summary)

and

http://www.f-16.net/g3/f-16-photos/album30/aec

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVyi62OxYEs

Aditionaly

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131564

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

ok. Guess not a bug. Funny how they can implement a safety feature to prevent weapons firing on the ground but not for the gear.

Maybe if we get a higher detail module in the future (like A-10C, Mig-21 or the KA-50)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

ok. Guess not a bug. Funny how they can implement a safety feature to prevent weapons firing on the ground but not for the gear.

Systems based on weight on wheels exist but aren't fool proof. If you raise the landing gear lever on the ground and fail to correct it before departure, the landing gear might retract during take off - once you're generating the lift to remove enough of the weight to turn of the safety, but not enough to climb. This is generally a much more dangerous situation than the aircraft "sitting on its belly" in the hangar or on the taxiway.

Does anyone has any information on the real landing gear handle and panel? Its seems there two buttons there, above and below the handle. I assume they are down/up permissions switches, but I have no idea. Does the 25 have any safety devises to prevent inadvertently moving the handle up or down?

To whom it may concern,