Concerning a huey gauge panel

DeJohn

I got email from Simplugins, they are concerned about the demand for a UH-1H gauge panel. (I guess the P-51 panel was not well received)

They're a business and economics is the game, I can't blame them for that.

The only way I see that they may do it, is if enough Huey pilots and pit builders send them email asking for the gauge panel.

As for me, I have about 80% of what I need to build a huey pit, however that is on hold until the gauges problem can be solved.

I have have SimPlugins P3d & P-51 and it is over priced, even with add on aircraft being only $25 - $35. If it included clickable switches it would be well worth it.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not to start an argument, because I don't want to, however that thinking makes no sense considering you're playing a game that you pay $49.95 for one aircraft.

There's no argument.

To me, a gauge set is not equal in value to an aircraft module. Not even half as valuable. A quarter of the value would be reasonable.

If enough people consider it to be reasonably priced then it will sell.

I consider it extremely overpriced.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

HuggyBear;

I can't fault you about it being over priced. The price someone is willing to pay or not is an individual choice based on that persons wants and needs.

I'm not really a jet jockey, I'm more of a rotor head, so I've only been with DCS since the UH-1H came out even though I have all modules except FC.

A real solution to this problem would be if ED would give us a basic set gauges that would work across all modules. Nothing fancy just something that could be called by all aircraft.

I have found most the information as to the device and argument calls, and would make the gauges myself but the problem I'm having is I can't find anywhere on here or the internet that explains how to create a gauge to send the information to. So in order for me to be able to build a Huey SimPit, cost of a gauge pack is less of an issue for me. (considering the money I've spent already on equipment to build the pit.)

Very true mate.

Have you looked at Helios? It natively supports gauge export for the A-10C.

Not sure what else, if anything, it can do for other modules.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Yes I currently use Helios for the switch panel. Its one of the best and easiest addons I've ever used.

While it works with A-10, BS and F-15, there is currently no interfaces for other aircraft. Gadroc has not said whether or not he will keep working on it, so that is a wait and see.

Its really overprice for some software gaghes i most say as well.

Whay dont we support Helios insted if they put a price like that ?

it most be someone out there that can and have the brain to do that for helios?! ? I have no problem paying for Helios if thats the case!

You get so much more from Helios then just gaghes.

Edited by wilcox

• 3 months later...