LCD Monitor (or HDTV) recommendations.

Guys,

I need some recs on which monitor to purchase for my new system. I am considering the Viewsonic VX2025wm, the Dell 2405fpw, and the Syntax Olevia 27" LCD TV.

What do you think works best for lomac? The Viewsonic runs around 400 or so, the Dell is around 800, and the Syntax is 595.

Advise me, please!

This is what i have....

http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT37HVS

1600:1 contrast. 8ms response. HDMI input (for those DVI cards), VGA, ATSC built in. TIR$ fits well on top. Best bang for the buck i found after doing research for about a month....

Playing LOFC and Xbox360 on it?? One word.. Stunning!

Now everyone knows why i want to see the fireworks even when get slapped....

also, check out the avs forums...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php?

good luck...

I use 1360x768. Native is 1366x768. I have a BFG 6800GS hooked up to it. I could probably get 1:1 mapping with Powerstrip, but im not that hardcore and 1360x768 looks amazing. Check those avs forums. I believe there is an official Olevia 27" Syntax thread...

If the 27 is anything like the 37, you'll be very happy with it. Especially with the money you save for the amount of performance...

Another great feature is the split picture (not sure if the 27 has it... probably does). But surfing the net and watching TV on the same set is pretty neat... especially when im trading stocks during the day online with CNBC right next to it...

the Dell 2405fpw

Advise me, please!

I'm advising that you consider Samsung 244T instead of the older Dell you're considering.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have an Astar 27'' lcd and LOFC is great on it!! The only problem i've found whit such screens is the max resolution is limited compared to smaller monitors. Mine is limited to 1280x1024 but i don't know about the oders.

What is a good site to get caught up on the latest LCD/Plasma TVs and technology. I want to purchase a new TV but have no idea whats out there or what I should be looking for.

Try the avsforum at http://www.avsforum.com/. I recently retired the little TV that I bought in college and bought a plasma EDTV. The difference is between night and day!

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5