Fantastic job LN. A very nice touch

Witchking

Hey guys,

Just bought Mig 21 on Steam for my Steam copy of DCS and did the start up training mission. It was fantastic. I love the humour touch. Very very nice. Really didn't expect that. Although...I did not have any audio narration... is this intended or a bug? But very nice. You should get a russian voice actor? or someone who has a nice sense of humour to narrate those and record those. Would be fantastic. I remember back in the day the old arcade sims used to have some voiceover for mission briefings etc.. and there would be some humor thrown in. Its fantastic to see this in this generation and I hope the trend continues into the other modules .. yours and even first party from ED.

Secondly.. it was funny when after the startup tutorial...I just increased thrust and tried to move forward and the pilot/ATC shouted something in russian .. It sounded like a foreign version of "WTF are you doing?" lol. But the plane wouldn't go anywhere...I guess I needed to remove the speed brake or something :p

But then..jumped into the free flight mission and had some fun flying around. Then did my first landing. BTW>>> AMAZING JOB with the sound of the THUMP landing gear. Very very well done. ED.. take some cues please :p

Also..that pitot tube... DAMN that was hot. Watching that thing shake as I was trying to come down landing...it is the most realistic representation of flight since the A-10C thrilled me when it was released.... I was short of the runway..but the damn Mig landing gear is so tough..I still managed to bounce a bit and end up on the runway with just a bent left landing gear. :p

223750_screenshots_2014-12-12_00002_zpsbf4e502a.jpg

223750_screenshots_2014-12-12_00003_zps0a491be6.jpg

223750_screenshots_2014-12-12_00004_zps044ae6ce.jpg

223750_screenshots_2014-12-12_00005_zps660838af.jpg

cheers

Varun

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Don't believe the training mission is supposed to be narrated. Believe it was text only.

Glad your enjoying the Mig-21. I myself cannot even count the hours I have flown this thing. I love everything from doing cross map cruises at high altitude, to providing CAS, ground attack, strike missions. To even taking this thing up in multiplayer and scoring kills on modern fighters.

Its DCS's first full fidelity multirole supersonic jet, and I think its a great one to get started with. No Hud so you need to learn the basic instruments, and it has little automation so destroying targets is difficult. LN has done a fantastic job. The wait and delays sucked, but the end result is well worth it.

Edit: and a bent landing gear is far from the worst first landing I've seen! Just don't chop the throttle on final, Mig has a blown flaps system which increases lift. May help prevent you from falling short.

• Like 1

Don't believe the training mission is supposed to be narrated. Believe it was text only.

Thanks. Good to know the install isn't messed up.

Edit: and a bent landing gear is far from the worst first landing I've seen! Just don't chop the throttle on final, Mig has a blown flaps system which increases lift. May help prevent you from falling short.

Good to know. The delta wing aircraft just seems to drop out of the sky on final approach. I was pretty surprised and happy that the aircraft was pretty much in that good shape even after that short landing.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Witchking,

thank you for your kind words.

MiG is first true 3rd party module, and thus still have some problems fully integrating into DCS environment. There are bugs here and there, but things are improving.

Have a good time with the 21.

• Like 1

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]