F-86 - setting up a multiplayer mission

DarkFib3r

I am trying to set up a 2-ship Saber flight for multiplayer and I am having problems with crashes to desktop. While I am not a proficient mission designer by any stretch, I feel competent enough to create simple flights. Hopefully you can help!

First, here is how I am creating my Saber mission using that latest updated of DCS World (as at Dec. 22, 2014). I open up DCS World and create a new mission in the editor. I create two one-ship F-86 flights at Batumi. I set the pilots in each to Client and I set the initial waypoint to takeoff at ramp. I do not set any other waypoints or make any other mission changes, I just save the mission.

Here is my problem. I close DCS World and run DCS World Multiplayer. I host a server and choose my mission. The mission loads and I see two F-86s that a player can jump into. I choose either one and click Briefing. There is no text in the briefing; it's just blank. I then click Fly. DCS stops responding and I get a pop up window informing me of this. DCS crashes.

Is there something glaringly wrong that I am doing to create a simple multiplayer Saber flight? I tried a few different things but I always get the same CTD. Any help is appreciated!

Hi Dark, step one would be to disable any mods you may have installed and click on the "Repair DCS World" icon found in your start menu under Eagle Dynamics.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Thanks man. I don't have any mods installed. I did run the DCS Repair, as instructed. I still get the CTD when I try to jump into a custom mission involving an F-86 and a ramp or parking lot start at Batumi (assuming other airfields as well, but not verified), but I can fly custom missions where the aircraft is already airborne.

I have attached a simple mission that crashes after I choose the aircraft I want to slot into and then commit. Something certainly seems bugged out, or else I am doing something wrong with the mission itself. But that's unlikley, given that the mission is so simple.

Thanks for your feedback and ideas, this one is puzzling to me and is keeping me from flying the Saber with friends!

F86 1p 1.0.miz

I'll see how your mission works for me. Try the one I've included as i know it works fine in multiplayer. Best of luck. Looking forward to flying with you. :)

OK, tried your mission both in the mission builder and in multiplayer. No problem whatsoever. Not sure what the issue might be. I'll post back if anything occurs to me. Let me know how my mission played for you as well.

F86F Sabre Interdiction.miz

Edited by Invisibull
update

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Thanks for your mission, it too crashes for me when I select an F-86 and commit. Since I can ramp start on single player missions in the F-86, and since I can ramp start on multiplayer missions in the A-10C, it seems that my problem is isolated to client ramp starts in the F-86. Please note that this crash behavior is consistent whether connecting through DCS World (i.e. single player) or DCS Multiplayer.

If my mission works for you (and it should since it is basically the same as yours but with less aircraft and no opponents) with the latest update applied (.594), I think I will have to do a DCS World reinstall and retest.

Once I get this sorted out and learn how to fly and fight in this cool little aircraft, I'd welcome a flight with you! Thanks again for your help!

Edited by DarkFib3r
Clarification that problem is related to client ramp starts