Need advice on curves

Alkaline

Curves can be very helpful, but don't overdo it.

I think you can find a spot between 10 and 20. Higher than that you start to have unprecise control at high G.

A lower saturation on Y-axis can be very helpful too. You wont be able to pull 15 G's but you will have better overall control.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

30% is too much for me.

15-20% is good for formation flight.

Even 20% may be too much for many pilots though...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Ok, thanks for every reply! Im gonna experiment a little later with the values I got here.

Im also trying to figure out how I can assign my "Mouse nipple" on my X-55 Rhino throttle to aileron & elevator in DCS. My idea was to use the mouse nipple when landing the aircraft, and have it configured so it is very UN-sensitive.

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

:lol: You said nipple again.. :lol:

You will need to be able to disable input from your stick in order to control the axis with another controller.

The game will always stick with the last input made, so if your stick is a little spikey it will take over all the time.

If you can program somekind of "lock axis", "switch axis" or "disable axis" like you can with the warthog controller you can do it.

But try beginning with a curve setting of 15 and work from there and soon you will find out what works with your controller and you will land just fine without switching controller.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

By the way, is there any solution for joysticks for that if I move stick very slow, it will act like curvature is at 30%, but if I move stick fast, it will act like no curvature.. etc... Hm?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I used to use crazy user defined curves on my logitech attack 3 to overcome the abyssimal precision it had. This was the only way I could hover the huey or refuel the 15/a10.

It is a trade-off: the stick becomes much more precise near the centered position, but imprecise far from it. So high-g/high-alpha flying becomes really uncomfortable, and you need to trim a lot.

Now I use my home-built hall sensor stick and I didn't touch curves at all anymore.

Edit: attached typical curve I used on the logitech

curve.png.d1ea3533bb0c5278b62eb441fab72c1e.png

Edited by PLP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By the way, is there any solution for joysticks for that if I move stick very slow, it will act like curvature is at 30%, but if I move stick fast, it will act like no curvature.. etc... Hm?

Maybe you have a problem with the pot's or the soldering somewhere.

My CH pedals sometimes suffer from a similar problem but the wiring is not soldered, but crimped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

60% curve & 80% horizontal with no dead zone and 100% vertical for x and y axis. Z axis is 25% curve. This is a precision flying setup and requires a stick with no center return spring and smooth movements. I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro that has the spring removed for x and y axis. Still retains the z axis spring although I may remove it as well. This is a perfect stick for helo flying offering smoothest and slightest pressure alleviating wrist fatigue and arm muscle issues.

Maybe you have a problem with...
Ah, I'm sorry, I guess I couldn't express myself. I have (my HOTAS has) no such problem.

I just wish for a feature.

Generally I fly with avg. 20% curv. But sometimes I feel it would be better if it was 30%, but at the same time I need more rapid response (no curv). So, I just dreamed like this feature mentioned in my prev. message. :)

Ahaaa! misunderstood you. :)

But i guess that feature could be kinda cool. Some sort of dynamic axis..

If you have a TM WH you can do something else but also useful by assigning more axis to f.ex. elevators, fiddle with the saturation and then swapping the axis around depending on what you need.

Dunno if you can do the same with other controllers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly what you said; "dynamic". :)

I have X52Pro, and I don't think it has some ability to do that... Well, OK... :)