MG151 Gun not working

BiBa

The Guns Ammo Indicators are both full. The MG131 do work (Key: RCtrl+SPACE), but I don't know why the MG151 does not fire (SPACE)! I Checked it in the Aircraft/Options, and it seem to respond OK.

Is there another cockpit switch somewhere I've overseen in the manual, that shifts the 131 to 151?

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

We need a possibility to switch between MG131 - MG151 - all.

In the real FW190 could during the flight the weapons individually select.

http://www.focke-wulf190.com/starrbewaffnung2.htm

I think it's important to keep divide the ammunition. Please ED, do it. Thanks!

Actually you got that wrong. This was discussed some weeks ago already and the discussion resulted in what is now implemented - which goes already a bit beyond that what is listed in the text.

The text that you linked to describes:

A fires either fuselage guns only OR fuselage guns and wing root guns together OR all fixed guns (fuselage+wing roots+wings outside) and B releases bombs.

The text further explains that this was later changed to:

A fires fuselage guns only OR fuselage guns and wing root guns together and B either drops bombs OR fires wing outside guns.

What we actually have is:

You can map one button to fire the fuselage weapons and an other button to fire fuselage + wing root weapons (cool for using with 2-stage triggers: 1st detent = fuselage, 2nd detent = fuselage + wing root)

And you map weapon release to a third button.

Edited by Flagrum

Thanks Flagrum!

But, when you fire only the MG131 you can see that the Button A was pressed.

And when you fire the MG131 and the MG151 together, the Button A was pressed.

There must be a switch, who change. Sorry, I don't understand.

edit:

From link: (die Änderung der Auswahl war jederzeit während des Fluges möglich)

I have much books and films about FW190 und Bf109, but i didn't find the answer. :-(

Edited by Masch

Thanks Flagrum!

But, when you fire only the MG131 you can see that the Button A was pressed.

And when you fire the MG131 and the MG151 together, the Button A was pressed.

There must be a switch, who change. Sorry, I don't understand.

edit:

From link: (die Änderung der Auswahl war jederzeit während des Fluges möglich)

I have much books and films about FW190 und Bf109, but i didn't find the answer. :-(

The stick grip has three buttons: on top, protected by that cap/guard thingy, the thumb button on the left side and at the front a trigger (that is actually the cap/guard thingy when flipped open!) - which you can not really see when firing.

Iirc, the trigger is A, on top is B(1) and the thumb button is B2.

This is now just speculation on my part, but the trigger would fire the 131, the top button the 131+151 and the thumb button the bombs/rockets.

Yes, I would not mind if it were set up A=131, B1=151 and B2=bombs, but afaik we have no reliable sources (afaik) that really suggest that 131 and 151 could be fired totally independently of each other.

The Guns Ammo Indicators are both full. The MG131 do work (Key: RCtrl+SPACE), but I don't know why the MG151 does not fire (SPACE)! I Checked it in the Aircraft/Options, and it seem to respond OK.

Is there another cockpit switch somewhere I've overseen in the manual, that shifts the 131 to 151?

Have you tried this in flight or on the ground? Was your engine idling? Iirc the mg151 is fired electronically and your engine RPM has to be high enough.

Have you tried this in flight...?...
The first thing I tried after I bought the Dora was the "Training Task/Combat Employment/Aerial Gunnery": and here lies the problem (Bug?) where the M151 is not firing.

It's working fine in other missions... Nice Plane :thumbup:

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.