Taxi problem?

Zeke

Hi, I'm going nuts trying to figure out what I'm missing/doing wrong. After starting up the jet and doing all the checks and calling for ground power 'Off', I go to taxi and it takes a great deal of power to get the plane moving. When it does move it makes a grinding noise like it's dragging something. I hit the 'W' key and I have the toe brakes mapped inverted to my Saitek rudders.

Is this normal? It doesn't seem to be and I don't notice this in any YouTube vids I've watched.

Help.

Oh, are the cockpit canopy 'Open/Close' key and the Guns/Missile/Off switches able to be mapped? I looked all over and can't find them. Tried a few that look like they could work but no dice.

Ciao

Zeke: Canopy open/ close is ctrl+c. The guns/missile/bomb switch is Lalt+d for counterclockwise and Lctrl+d for clockwise. The on/off for guns/missile is called gun missile selector switch, though i don't know what the keyboard command is as i have it mapped and nothing shows in the keyboard section for it. Also, I don't have my Saitek pedals inverted.

Hope this helps,

Bull

Edited by Invisibull

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Invisibull, interesting that you do not need to invert the brake axis for your Saitek peddles. Myself and everyone else I have ever talked to about it has needed to. But, whatever works. One way to see is to bring up the joystick control indicator window with <right control enter>. Activate the brakes and you should see triangular shaped indicators going up and down. See if that matches the intended direction. If not, change the invert status. Trying to remember, does the Sabre have a parking brake to release? I have not flown it in a while.

Good luck,

Shahdoh

Hi, I'm going nuts trying to figure out what I'm missing/doing wrong. After starting up the jet and doing all the checks and calling for ground power 'Off', I go to taxi and it takes a great deal of power to get the plane moving. When it does move it makes a grinding noise like it's dragging something. I hit the 'W' key and I have the toe brakes mapped inverted to my Saitek rudders.

Is this normal? It doesn't seem to be and I don't notice this in any YouTube vids I've watched.

Help.

Oh, are the cockpit canopy 'Open/Close' key and the Guns/Missile/Off switches able to be mapped? I looked all over and can't find them. Tried a few that look like they could work but no dice.

Ciao

The physical switches are located in the following locations:

Open Close Canopy: Look above the landing gear indicator lights. There should be a gray box with a gray knob just to the right of the canopy bow. The switch is a small silver left right switch literally six inches above the gear indicators....not to be confused with the inlet screen switch.

Gun/Missile/Off : Center panel between your legs, top right black knob that indicates OFF....SIGHT/CAMERA/RADAR......GUNS.....MISSILE. If that doesn't help you find it, look at your cabin pressure gauge and go straight down.

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

Shadoh, you are correct. I was looking at the wrong axis. I do indeed have my brakes inverted. As far as a parking brake, i'm not aware of one, so it shouldn't be an issue.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Thanks for the responses guys. I found the Gun-Missile switch in the Controls options and was able to map that to my homemade panel. Still can't find the canopy switch in the controls options to map that.

I tested the taxi thing even in take off missions where the plane is ready to go I have the problem with it moving and the noise.

Zeke, if you go to the Controls section, make sure "all" is in the drop down, you need only hit the key combos to have it find and highlight the associated function. For instance, if you hit ctrl+c, you will see the canopy open/close key highlighted. The same for the others i gave you above. If you come on my TS i'll walk you through it in no time - 24.168.90.244 pw: dcs

No it's not the Su-27 because I don't have that mod and I have the problem too, I think it was the Su-25A/T

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

No it's not the Su-27 because I don't have that mod and I have the problem too, I think it was the Su-25A/T

After reinstalling them one by one, the only one that I have that messes up the taxi sound is the 109 k sound mod. I'll just have to remember to load it when I fly the 109 because that sound mod is awesome.

Slider basically changes the curve from a double curve to a single. With the inversion, and a curve set, should see a nice steady incline from lower right to upper left. With slider unchecked, it will have a double curve with the 2 meeting in the center.