Airbrake Beep Mod

Invisibull

For those who are never quite sure whether their airbrakes are open or not, please find my new Airbrake Beep Mod attached.

You'll get a faint beeping whenever your brakes are extended. I've only tested this on the Sabre, but I believe it should work for any a/c with airbrakes.

This mod is JSGME ready, and I strongly recommend it being installed in that manner only.

Enjoy,

Bull

Airbrake Beep.rar

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Nice! Thanks a lot.

Doesn't work with the MiG-21bis, but that's probably due to its beta status - there's no sound at all when the air brakes are deployed. A quick test with the Sabre verified that the mod itself was correctly installed. I didn't try other planes yet.

EDIT: Sorry, it DOES work with the 21. I probably just didn't hear the beep behind the usual noise in the cockpit...

Edited by Reksi-Erkki

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

Nice idea! i can't count how many times i had poor sabre performance because i forgot the A/B out ! (no, no i never took off with the A/B extended...no, that would be a shame)

On another hand, the Mig21 has a A/B light ! so it's less critical. and on the A10...well...they're quite obvious ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For those who are never quite sure whether their airbrakes are open or not, please find my new Airbrake Beep Mod attached.

You'll get a faint beeping whenever your brakes are extended. I've only tested this on the Sabre, but I believe it should work for any a/c with airbrakes.

This mod is JSGME ready, and I strongly recommend it being installed in that manner only.

Enjoy,

Bull

I setup cockpit camera views to simulate me raising my head, lowering my head, move left, move right on my CH Fighterstick HAT button. In conjunction my Pro Throttle HAT is setup like TrackIR to look around. I know exactly if my speed brakes are deployed or not by a quick look-see over my left shoulder.

Thanks for the mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

If they all had it like the MiG-15 it would be a tactile question only.

I did a target file to experiment with the Warthog and programmed the Sabre AB to work like in the MiG-15. If that is real, I dunno, but it is way more practical. Check your left thumb and you know if it is "in" "out" or "held out".

The only drawback so far is that i have to laod the target file prior to DCS but I may have gotten that wrong, just started to mess with target.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X