Ultra-widescreen screenshot problems

ratkandy

Recently I put together a triple monitor setup, and I've been playing DCS on it in windowed mode at 4096x1152 resolution, which is awesome. Unfortunately, screenshots don't come out right in this mode. The right side comes out as solid black, as you can see in the attachment. Is there a fix for this?

Screen_150119_015041.thumb.jpg.f4dc40bba70210d785a53df0f5a4570b.jpg

Recently I put together a triple monitor setup, and I've been playing DCS on it in windowed mode at 4096x1152 resolution, which is awesome. Unfortunately, screenshots don't come out right in this mode. The right side comes out as solid black, as you can see in the attachment. Is there a fix for this?

Run Eyefinity/Surround Sound mode instead of Extended Display Modes

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Run Eyefinity/Surround Sound mode instead of Extended Display Modes
Could you please give details about that? I didn't get it.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Eyefinity and Surround are features of ATI/nvidia drivers that emulate a single large screen when driving multiple screens. All screens must be the same resolution and orientation.

My (much cheaper and simpler) solution is to mount any three monitors the way I want them, extend the desktop across them in Windows display settings, and run games in windowed mode across all three. I use an app called ShiftWindow to get the game windows into the right position.

Eyefinity and Surround are features of ATI/nvidia drivers that emulate a single large screen when driving multiple screens. All screens must be the same resolution and orientation.

My (much cheaper and simpler) solution is to mount any three monitors the way I want them, extend the desktop across them in Windows display settings, and run games in windowed mode across all three. I use an app called ShiftWindow to get the game windows into the right position.

They dont have to be the same anymore, see eyefinity updates since like 14.8

When you run extended desktop each screen is managed by windows separately and the screen shot button only captures the primary display

(i think prntscreen then paste works)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

+1 to SkateZilla . Try ATI and eyefinity - even with standard line /cheaper ones different monitor sizes/resolution and the arrangement won't matter. ATI has better performance for ultra wide screen anyway. If you have nVidia it will be different ballgame and bit more complicated.

I'm solving my problem by using alt-printscreen and paste, with ClipX so I can store many shots at a time in memory.

IMO, for Eyefinity and Surround, you still need identical monitors for decent image quality because it assigns the same resolution to each output screen and resizes it to fit. Nvidia definitely doesn't support PLP layout or any mixing orientation of monitors with Surround, and neither does AMD unless that's changed in the last 2 months.