List of Don'ts for engine use

LupinYonder

Hay all

I know this has been discussed in a few different threads but I'd like try and compile a list of things to avoid if you don't want your engine to stall/flameout. This is so I have a quick reference to look at while flying and eventually I will memorise them all.

I will edit the list as new suggestions come in.

So far I have

1. Negative g-loads may be developed for not longer than :

a. 15s at non-reheat engine settings

b. 5s at reheat settings

c. Flight with g-loads approximating xero (+0.2g ) should not last for longer than 1 -2 s.

Warning. Negative or near-zero g-load flight is allowed provided the tanks contain at least 500l of fuel.

Repeated application of negative or near-zero g-load is allowed only after at least 30-s flying at positive g-load.

2. No faster than 1300km/h IAS ?

3. No sustained mach 2 speed ( this is from my own experience ) ?

You can run at mach 2.1 but gotta be careful not to let the engine free run past that or it stalls, if you set the nose cone all the way out at mach 2 it might help prevent that

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]