rearming vehicles/Airdefences

Hello there.

I am working with the missioneditor and wondered that after a while the airdefence system like the SA8 does not fire anymore while me beeing in range. So the anti airdefence only has a small ammount of ammo.

My question is, if its possible somehow to let these reload automatically when emptied their ammories?

• 9 months later...
You need for Western Side an M818 and for Eastern Side a Ural-375 (always in around 100m distance to the unit without ammo).

Having a transport near air defenses does not really increase the speed of reloading air defenses. Unfortunately.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Having a transport near air defenses does not really increase the speed of reloading air defenses. Unfortunately.

Correct, but whitout the transport the SA8 would never reload after it finished its main missile qty (dunno how many).

By the way, does someone know if it's sufficient 1 sec of M818 / Ural375 proximity to allow the armed vehicle to reload? or it will have to stay near for some time?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I believe it depends on how the specific weapon might be rearmed. As long as the rearm process is started the truck may not need to be near by. Some weapons are rearmed 1 by 1, others come in packs, and the 3rd method is all at once. Each weapon is different, but generally missiles are rearmed 1 at a time, while a huge MG mag will reload all at once. SA-8 uses the 1 at a time method. Last known data had about 300 seconds per missile with no internal reserves coming out to 1800 seconds for total rearm time when completely empty.

Its kind of weird because there can be different behavior with regard to AI vs human control via Combined Arms. Rearming basically locks movement control out for both players and I, but players have a command to cancel a re-arm process if they need to move.

Its been a while since I last tested it, but I'm pretty sure the rearm process attempts to rearm the whole payload anyways. What I mean by that is that even though a SA-8 will physically rearm missiles one by one, the timer for it will reflect the total number of missiles to rearm. It won't read out as 300 seconds that display 6 times, rather the 1800 second value for the whole payload. So it has more of an impact on player interaction than it does with AI because the player can re-arm a single missile, cancel the re-arm, and move as needed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum